This isn't Happening!😔

❤Please VOTE & COMMENT❤

One year after his parents passed away, Jace got a phone call from Mr. Hardman, his parents' lawyer asking him to meet him at his office, saying that he wanted to speak to him about something important. Jace was confused but at the same time curious as to why the man wants to meet him after all this time. Two days later, he found himself seated across from the lawyer, listening to what he was saying.

"I don't understand" Jace said with a look of horror on his face.

"I'll go through it again" Mr. Hardman cleared his throat and picked up his papers as he began to explain to Jace about how his parents had wanted to sell their house and move to the country side to spend their retirement.

"Your father was already talking to some potential buyers about selling the house but before they could finalize the deal, he had passed away. However, a few months ago, one of the buyers approached me with a good offer and I thought you would want to hear about it"

Jace shook his head feeling completely clueless. "I did not know that they were going to sell the house" He stated in disbelief. He couldn't fathom the fact that his parents were planning on selling their house, the first ever place he called home.

"Ah yeah, they were planning on telling you when you returned home for Christmas break but....." Mr. Hardman trailed off as he remembered how things had taken a drastic turn when the Normans met with an accident and lost their lives.

Jace tried his best to blink back his tears and remain stoic as the man continued to speak. "Look, Mr. Norman, I know how hard this past year had been for you and I also know that you are in a lot of debt right now. So, I think it would be a good idea for you to sell the house and clear all those debts....."

"I'm sorry Mr. Hardman, I don't want to sell the house" Jace said firmly.

"Ahh, I'm afraid it's not that simple, Mr. Norman"

Jace looked up at him, scrunching his eyebrows incredulously. "What do you mean it's not that simple? It's my parents' house and as such I'm the one who owns it" He pointed out.

"The man that I am talking about said that your father had signed an agreement to sell the house to him and now he wants to claim his property"

"Why didn't you tell me about this until now? I mean you said he came to you months ago but why am I hearing about it only now" Jace demanded, squinting his eyes suspiciously.

"I'm sorry Mr. Norman, I know I should've told you earlier but....it's just that you were pretty devastated over losing your family and struggling to take care of the kids that I didn't want to put more stress on you, but now the time is up and I didn't have a choice but to inform you" Mr. Hardman said, regretfully.

Jace closed his eyes and rubbed his face not knowing what to do. If his father had signed an agreement, there wasn't much he could do but hand over the house to the buyer. "If I sell the house, where are my kids and I going to live?"

"About that, I have actually taken the liberty of finding some orphanages nearby that are willing to take care of your nieces and nephew, and as for your brother, you can ask your aunt and uncle to foster him for now"

"Wait, what are talking about?" Jace looked utterly perplexed.

"I can understand your apprehensions, Mr. Norman. I know kids like Jackson can be very difficult to handle so if you wish, you can just send him off to one of those special "homes" that takes care of young boys and girls and trains them to conduct themselves with proper discipline and decorum. Of course you will be able to visit them occasionally "if" you want but I'm sure you would be busy with your own life to think about your sister's children...."