Chapter 2 - Goddess Hestia

Well, this chapter was normally supposed to have the same amount of words as the previous ones, but since it had been a while since I had posted it, I decided to post the first part now. I will write part 2 soon after to post it. It will probably have less words than the first part.

Don't forget to comment on the parts you find interesting, and to leave a comment about what you thought of the chapter. This motivates me a lot to write. Oh, don't forget the little star too :)

Stay with the chapter.

Goddess Hestia.

The Greek goddess of the fireplace, the home, domestic life, and hospitality, as well as being the sacred goddess of fire. She was well known among the gods for having chosen to remain a virgin, thus being one of the three virgin goddesses.

She recently descended into the mortal world, staying at the mansion of her old friend, Hephaestus, staying with her for about a little over a month, when Hephaestus decided to kick her out of her mansion. This was because Hestia was quite lazy (and some other reasons), although she showed some animation to find someone for her Familia.

Even though she begged, saying she had no place to go, Hephaestus didn't back down. However, she didn't leave Hestia with nothing, after all she mentioned an abandoned Church and said she could live there. Although the place was not very nice, it was far from really being a bad place to live. With a little money it is possible to repair the place to make it more "livable".

The problem is the money.

How would she get the money to repair the abandoned church, or to find a new place to live? It was impossible for her to get the money to repair the church or to buy a small house for her to live in, after all, she doesn't make that much money from her work.

Yes, she is a working goddess.

Currently she is in a stall selling Jagamarukuns. It is a kind of potato chip. It took her a while to get this job, it doesn't pay that well, but at least she gets money to buy food. The salary she receives is fixed at a price, but it can be higher if she always sells more than expected by her boss, so she always tries to attract all the people passing by to buy at least one Jagamarukun.

Of all the customers she received, there was one in particular who always bought many Jagamarukuns whenever she came by. A blonde woman who was related to Loki.

She took a bag of 10 Jagamarukuns and gave it to the customer. This little movement made her long hair swing a lot.

"Here, thanks for buying, come again often." Hestia gave a smile to the woman who just reciprocated by sending her own smile before leaving.

Hestia let out a sigh before the smile on her face disappeared completely. It was about time she left. Today was quite profitable compared to the other days. Maybe luck was finally catching up with her? Who knows, maybe she would soon get the first member of her Familia.

Since she is a new goddess, people don't want to enter her Familia. They would rather try to get into a better known Familia like the Loki Familia or the Freya Familia. Just the thought of those two goddesses makes her angry. All the people she tried to invite into her Familia refused her because she was an unknown goddess. She was very irritated by this, although she understood their reasoning. But couldn't they at least give her a chance? It's so unfair...

"Okay, I guess that's enough," she muttered before getting ready to leave.

She was about to let her boss know she was leaving, when she suddenly heard a male voice.