Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen

Jade POV

I woke up wuth Eric's Arm around my waist and turned my head to watch his face. I laid my hand on his face and stroked along the jaw line.

"Oh I've I only could tell you about the offer she made me. I don't want to work for her. But I don't want you dead. I need you."

A single tear slilled out of my eyes and i turned my head away from him. Not wanting him to see me like this. As if he heard me he pulled me tighter against him, telling me he would never leave me. This only caused me to shed more tears. I quickly brushed them away and laid there a bit more.

But eventually i had to go to breakfast and i wormed my way out of his grip and dressed.

When I was at the pit I saw Tris sitting there and I sat next to her. Then I asked her: " Tris can I ask you a question?"

"Sure."

"If someone would threaten to kill someone you love unless you work for them. What would you do?"

"How do you come to this question?"

"Had a nightmare that i can't forget."

"Okay i would try to find a way around it or i would talk to the one threatened."

"But don't you think he or she would feel bad for causing all this pain?"

She looked at me and smiled while she answered: "I don't think Eric would think bad of you. He loves you, I think he would be angry if you weren't telling him."

"Thanks Tris. You should be in Erudite. Or rather not, but you will be a cool Dauntless."

After I excuses myself from the table I went to find Eric, determinied to tell him about Jeaninne's offer.

I found him still dreesing in his appartment. He turned and wrapped his arms around me and gave me a light kiss. I layd my arms around his neck and sayd: "I have to tell you something important, Eric."

"What did I do?"

"Nothing. Nothing, it is not about you. Well it is but you have done nothing."

"What is it then?"

"Jeaninne wants me to work for her and if I don't than she wants to kill you." I said quickly. It feelt like a stone was lifted from my heart and I watched his expressions change.

From shock to angry to determinied.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It will be an happy ending. And there will be an sequel.

So vote and review please.

Bye

KillerQueen47