thirty-five.

I walk into my dining room, hearing the voices of my little brother and my father

I spot Roman-my little brother- giggling with my father.

I smile and walk up to them, only for my father to glare at me, making me halt all movements.

"What are you doing here, boy?" my father sneers and I flinch at his tone.

I look at my little brother who avoids my gaze, playing with his food.

"I-I wanted to take a-a break." I choke out, trying to push myself further away from him.

He stands up and my heart starts racing as he moves towards me, his eyes hard and cold.

He stands in front of me and grips my upper arm tightly making me wince.

He bends down to level my 10-year-old self and he scowls.

"I told you that you have to train to be perfect. No great Mafia leader had 'breaks' when they trained, so why should you?" he snaps and I try to pull away.

His grip tightens and I wince, looking around for help.

My 8-year-old brother watches with tears in his eyes, sitting in his seat unable to do anything, too afraid to make my father mad at him.

"I'm sorry, sir. I'll go b-back and train." I whisper, my voice cracking as he digs his fingernails in my arm.

He laughs darkly, the same laugh that haunts my sleep every night and he pulls me with him.

He starts walking in the direction of the basement and my eyes widen in fear.

"P-please no! I promise to be good!" I thrash around but he does not listen.

He unlocks the metal door and darkness consumes us.

My body starts to shake as voices fill my head and my father pulls me down the stairs making me stumble.

"Father please!" I beg, trying to pull away but one glare from him has me shutting up.

"What did I say about calling me father?" he hisses and I tremble when he stops in front of my cell.

"Not t-too," I mumble when he waits for an answer.

He nods, a smirk making its way on his face.

"I think that mistake should add some hours to your punishment," he suggests and I cry out, screaming when he unlocks the cell door.

The darkness makes me tremble in fear of what is hidden in it.

He pushes my small body in, tears running down my face and I rub my upper arm where he gripped.

I fall to the ground when he starts pulling me to the wall to tie up my hands so I don't try to escape.