thirty-four, rain

"how did you manage to get all my favorite snacks?"

y/n eyebrow quirks up, looking down at the snacks on the blanket she and hawk sat on.

"okay, so maybe i did have a little help from miguel." he chuckles, biting down on the twizzler he held.

y/n laughs, "i knew it."

silence consumes them, and the sounds of birds and crickets can be heard around them. it's a nice kind of silence, a comfortable one.

it goes on for a few more minutes as they devour the junk food hawk had bought and set up.

a low grumble of thunder causes hawk's head to immediately snap up from looking down at the food, "you're kidding"

y/n laughs, "maybe you should've checked the weather before planning this."

"yep, that would've been smart." hawk agreed, standing up from his spot on the ground and offering y/n his hand.

she took it and pulled herself up, her eye squinting as she looked up at the sky that was scattered with dark clouds full of water.

hawk began picking up whatever was left, y/n soon helping him do so. they walked back to where he had parked his motorcycle, stuffing everything inside the seat before both grabbing their helmets and hopping on.

"your place or mine?" y/n asked, wrapping her arms around hawk's waist.

"mine?" he questioned, to which y/n agreed with a nod.

he pulled out of the parking spot and began driving off towards his place. not long after y/n felt cold raindrops falling on her.

the rain picked up quickly, making hawk regret not choosing to drive his mom's car instead.

—time skip (brought to you by my laziness)–

"please check the weather next time." y/n shivered, hurriedly walking inside the moskowitz house.

in the short six minutes it had taken them to get to hawk's house the rain had completely drenched them, their wet clothes now stuck to their bodies.

the h/c haired girl followed hawk to his room, where he was quick to look through his closet and drawers for a change of clothes.

"here." hawk says, tossing new clothes to y/n who stood by his bedroom door. "you can change in the bathroom," his lips curve up into a smirk as he shrugs, "or right here, i don't mind."

y/n rolls her eyes, "you're a pervert." she says jokingly before walking away towards his bathroom.

she locks the door behind her and changes into the clothes hawk had given her. the t-shirt and sweatpants clearly fit her way too big, but they were more comfortable than the wet clothes she had on before—not to mention they smelled just like hawk, which she wasn't particularly opposed to.

"what do i do with these?" she asked, walking out of the bathroom and into hawk's room.

"i'll take them to the dryer." he smiled, walking closer to her and taking the clothes from her hands.

his fingers grazed hers which caused her cheeks to feel hot, a blush almost creeping up on them as he looked down at her.

he had also changed into a clean pair of sweats but had opted out of wearing a shirt, leaving his abs for y/n to see.

as he walked out of the room to his laundry room y/n mentally cursed at herself, hating the fact that hawk made her feel like an embarrassing middle schooler with a crush.

she sighed and sat down on his bed, looking around his room while she waited for him to get back.

"eli your dad and i–" the voice of the person entering the room cause y/n's head to snap up, "oh, hi." the woman, most likely hawk's mom, smiled awkwardly.

"uh, hi." y/n stood up and quickly walking up to her, "i'm–um–i'm y/n." she smiled with her hand out for hawk's mom to shake.

her awkward smile quickly turned into a excited one as she shook y/n's hand, "oh, you're y/n. it's nice to finally meet you! eli has been tal-"

"mom!"

y/n holds in a laugh, her eyes looking up at hawk who now stood behind his mom.

"what? i was just getting to meet y/n here." his mom smiles, turning around and now facing him. "i was coming to tell you that your dad and i are going out to run a few errands."

"oh, okay. y/n and i are just gonna hang out and watch a movie." he explains.

"that's fine. well, again, it's nice to meet you, y/n."

"you too, mrs.moskowitz." y/n smiles back at her. she turns to walk away but not before whispering at hawk, "you weren't lying when you said she was beautiful."

once again y/n tries her best not to laugh at the look of embarrassment on hawk's face.

his mom walks off and hawk quickly enters his room and shuts the door, ready to endure whatever y/n has to say.

to his surprise she doesn't say a word, "you're not gonna s-"

"awwe, you talk to your mommy about me?" y/n's hand reaches up to pinch hawk's cheek, a pout on her lips.

"shut up." hawk smacks her hand away, "it was one time."

"yeah, yeah." y/n giggles, plopping down on his bed once again.

"yeah." hawk reassures, walking up in front of her.

"yeah?" y/n questions, looking up at the boy.

"yeah." hawk says again as he leans down, setting his hands on either side of her.

y/n places her hands on his shoulders, pulling him slightly closer to her, "okay." she smiles, the smell of tropical flavored skittles still lingering in her mouth.

"okay." hawk says with a smile on his own face before he presses his soft lips against hers.

author's note
it's been a while since my last update
sorry for my absence ;(  but happy new year everyone!
now that i'm updating again i will be trying my very best to update at least 2-3 chapters a week!(especially since s4 is now out)