iii. quarry

☆✫❣︎𖤐♥︎𖦹𖣴// three• 𝗊𝗎𝖺𝗋𝗋𝗒

☆✫❣︎𖤐♥︎𖦹𖣴
// three
• 𝗊𝗎𝖺𝗋𝗋𝗒

The morning after the party was quiet, a very uncomfortable silence that Julia didn't like when she walked down the hallway with Nancy without Barb, it felt like everyones eyes were on them but mostly staring at Nancy. "why is everyone staring at me?" Nancy leaned down closer to Julia, ignoring the way their eyes scanned her appearance.

Julia shrugged blinking her eyes for a moment, realizing how loud everyone's thoughts were. "I have no idea." Julia admits shaking her head slightly as they reached their lockers.

"Hey." Steve interrupted her thoughts as he came up from behind Julia looking pass her shoulder to Nancy, the darker haired girl glanced up spotting his smile letting out a nervous laugh saying. "Hey."

Julia pressed her lips together while shoving her bag inside the locker, taking out her books "Is everything okay?" Steve asked, finding himself worrying about Nancy. Julia grew uncomfortable when she shut the locker, slowing stepping away from the couple.

Julia walked down the hallway, spotting the older Byers standing near his locker "Jonathan hey." Julia approached him with a smile. The teen looked up from his book finding himself smiling right back. "Hey, how's it going?" He asked her closing his book.

"still the same." Julia answers as they found themselves walking away from his locker. "did you get any news today about... will?" She asked entering the classroom.

Johnathan exhaled shaking his head, puffing out a short breath of air. "No, not yet at least, but we are still searching." He said taking a seat by her in the back room, Steve soon entered the room, stopping right by the door spotting his girl best friend and Jonathan talking, puffing his chest he made his way towards them sliding into the seat to her right.

"—like I said I will help you and your mom, you know my dad won't give up until he's found." Julia reassured him, taking out her homework, Jonathan chuckled nodding.

"Yeah, I know, thanks." he turned forward to the teacher.

••

Soon enough school had ended and everyone was heading back home, but Nancy and Julia stayed back for a moment, they hadn't heard from their redhead friend since the party on tuesday and were completely worried, now standing by the payphone outside the school calling Barb's mom. "hello, ms. holland?" Nancy spoke into the phone. "Hi, uh, ms. holland, it's Nancy."

"Oh, Nancy. How are you?"

"Good, am good, uh, I was just wondering— uh, is barb there?" Nancy asked glancing over at Julia, she didn't want to think about the worse thing possible, and that she was just home sick in bed and didn't borther to call them.