Chapter 31

In order to reduce the physical torture brought by frequent morning sickness, Xia Liang goes to bed early these days.

Since deciding to keep the child, he has gradually looked forward to dreaming of the giant snake again to see its color. 

However, he has never had a dream about snakes anymore but instead, Li Mo has appeared in his dream twice in a row.

In the dream, Li Mo was wearing a set of ancient costumes with his hands folded behind his back. His expression was a bit empty. He occasionally raised his eyes. The expression on his face was very complicated -  a little surprised, a little angry, and more of showing pity.

Xia Liang didn't understand why he always dreamt of such a scene. He thought it was a certain part of a TV series that Li Mo had filmed before. 

But when he dreamt of this scene for the second time, he keenly discovered that Li Mo was not wearing a wig and his costume was not neat. It didn't look like a scene in a TV series. The appearance of his outfit seemed that he hadn't had time to change after he had finished filming. 

After Xia Liang woke up the next morning, he felt a little uneasy and called Li Mo.

The call was answered immediately and Li Mo seemed to be in a good mood. 

"Calling me so early in the morning, is there something important?"

Xia Liang looked at the time and realized that it was only six o'clock in the morning. 

"You're already awake?" Xia Liang asked.

"Well, I'm making breakfast." Before Li Mo finished his words, there was a sizzling sound. He's frying something in a pan.

Xia Liang felt relaxed and said with a smile, "Hey, it would be great if you were a woman. I'll just marry you so I won't have to worry about eating three meals a day."

At this moment, Zhou Shuo, who was about to push the door in with a glass of milk, suddenly stopped and stood stiffly outside the door.

Li Mo curled his lips. Xia Liang often used similar words to tease him when they were still studying. Li Mo was already immuned to his teasing.

"I also have a decent job, okay? You want three meals a day? Just go and marry a nanny."

Xia Liang suddenly remembered that there's a baby in his stomach. At this moment, it was too ironic for him to discuss who to marry as a wife, and fell silent.

Li Mo felt something was strange and asked, "Xia Liang, are you still listening?" 

"Oh," Xia Liang came back to his senses and said, "I want to ask you, is everything okay lately? I may not be in City B for a long time, so..."

"I know, Ji Qin told me. It's the development project of the film and television base you cooperated with his cousin in D city, right?" 

"Well, although I am not in City D if you have any difficulties, you can call me."

"What difficulties can I have?" said Li Mo, "You two big bosses let me be the male lead. When the director saw me, an unknown actor, he had to politely nod and bow. I was flattered to death."

What Li Mo said sounded both self-deprecating and ridiculous. He had repeatedly refused Xia Liang's abnormal methods to promote him to the top. Now, Xia Liang had forced him to take the role because of a moment of loyalty. 

"You should do me a favor," Xia Liang said with a smile, "I'm investing in a drama for the first time. I don't want to worry about an actor I don't know. I only know Ji Qin aside from you. Who else can I call?"