XXIII.

(highly encoruage you to reread this book so you don't miss anything in these next chapters! hope you're all doing well. i'm excited to keep this book going )

"You would pick Miami of all places, you ain't wanna go out the country? Dirty ass Miami?" Boog sucked his teeth and shook his head

"And if it was up to you where would we go?" I raised an eyebrow and kept my eyes on the view of the plethora of clouds.

"Shit anywhere but Florida, but I'll cut you some slack. I know you ain't get out much before you met us." Boog grinned ear to ear.

"Look, we not finna do this for the whole trip. All the slick ass comments you be making are so uncalled for. Like what's the problem foreal?" I turned to him and sized him up. He had his face glued to his phone but I know he heard me speaking to him.

"Ain't no problem ma, I just like to laugh. I'll chill on you though, just for the trip," he turned to me and smirked.

It's like he knew how to get under my skin, and a part of me hated it while the other half was unsure of how it made me feel.

"I wouldn't mind not being around you at all for the trip actually," I pressed my lips together, letting out a deep sigh.

"Why? So you can run away?" He pursued his lips and tilted his head at me. "I'm not dumb Iris, I may play it but I'm aware of what you tryna do. I told you, hurting Killa would be the worst thing you could do,"

"I don't know what you're talking about, foreal," I shook my head and tried not to pay him any mind. "You may have some sneaky tendencies, don't put that shit on me. He gave me more than an opportunity,"

"Yeah, one bullet away from your death typa' opportunity. You don't even realize how lucky you are,"

"I mean, had you went about your kidnapping spree with more discernment we wouldn't be in this predicament," I scoffed and turned back over to face the window.

"And you'd be living a boring ass life in Philly, shit you should be thanking me," I could feel him smirking, it was just another way for him to try to get under my skin.

If only he knew, I have dealt with much worse in my life. I'm grateful for the experiences I have been given but I never asked for this shit and that's what he needs to realize. I didn't fuck up, I just got put in a fucked up situation.

"Fuck you, seriously,"

"I'd love to," I felt his finger gently brush underneath my chin, turning me to face him. "What happens in Miami stays in Miami?"

"You're sick, foreal" I pushed his hand away from my face. I hated that I was even sitting in the same area as him.

We couldn't take the private jet cause Kilante needed it for some events he had to attend this week. So I settled for First Class with my least favorite person in the world, how fucking convenient.

"Chill,"

"Please, don't say anything to me," I scolded him.

It was already bad enough Kilante wasn't here so Boog making me uncomfortable was gonna go completely against the plan I had intended.

A few more hours go by and as the plane is landing, I find myself staring off into the window. All I could think about is being out on the beach. I was gonna spend today getting things situated and getting booked into my hotel.

When we made it off the plane, I had to stretch my legs and body. I was still tired so I figured I'd take a nap the moment I enter the hotel room.

"You booked the Uber already?" Boog looked over to me, walking alongside me as he pulled his luggage behind him.

"Yeah," I yawned, taking a deep breath looking down at my phone. "He's like a minute away,"

"Bet, I'm hungry as hell,"

"Me too, I don't know why I didn't get anything to eat on the flight," I twisted my lips, hearing my stomach growl in starvation.

"I mean, I'd rather be hungry than sick."

"You got a point," I breathed out, continuing to walk to our exit.

"We gone order food at the hotel? I can get us a reservation somewhere if you wanted to go out,"

"It's fine, I can order something. I don't think I have the energy today to go out," I expressed honestly.

"Sounds good to me,"

We made our way out just in time, the Uber had pulled up the moment we made our way outside.

"Perfect timing," Boog sighed in relief. "I was gone pass out if I had to do anymore walking,"

"Shit, you and me both," I laughed, dragging my suitcase to the trunk that was lifting.

"I got it," Boog assured me, and motioned for me to get in the car.

I nodded at him. "Thank you,"

I could feel a wave of anxiety coming around me. The last Uber ride I was in made me fear them, not even thinking about the trauma that could have come from being kidnapped. I disregarded it because I was blinded by grand gestures and sex.

Why am I having this epiphany now?

I greeted myself as I got in the car, ensuring I had the right driver and location set before Boog got in the car. I felt myself getting weary, wanting to fall asleep to make this ride a bit quicker but the ride wasn't that long so I texted Kilante to let him know we made it safely.

Iris:
Made it!
9:16am

Kilante:
I'm glad, be safe and enjoy yourself my love
9:16am

Iris:
I will! I miss you already :(
9:17am

I locked my phone after sending that last text. I looked over to Boog who just kept his eyes peeled onto his phone which wasn't out of the norm for him.

I pressed my hand up against my cheek, leaning my elbow on the handle of the car door. I couldn't help but to continue watching out of the window, sometimes it just helps keep my mind off all the things I actually want to think about.

-

follow me on instagram @queenofalkhemi to keep up with all my stories and brainstorming ideas!