v. hole in a tree

☆✫❣︎𖤐♥︎𖦹𖣴// five• 𝗁𝗈𝗅𝖾 𝗂𝗇 𝖺 𝗍𝗋𝖾𝖾

☆✫❣︎𖤐♥︎𖦹𖣴
// five
• 𝗁𝗈𝗅𝖾 𝗂𝗇 𝖺 𝗍𝗋𝖾𝖾

"Fear not, for I am with you. Be not dismayed, for I am you god. I will strength you, yea, I will help you. we will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Pastor Charles read out from the Bible, staring up at the cloudy sky.

Julia glanced away from the man dressed in black over to Joyce invading her mind by reading it, she let out a sigh of relief that the women didn't believe that her son was dead.

"It's times like these that our faith is challenged. How, if he is truly benevolent... could god take from us someone so young, so innocent? It will be easy to turn away from God... but we must remember that nothing, not even tragedy, can separate us from his love."

••

After the funeral, Julia and Nancy separated from the rest of the town following after Jonathan Byers, who sat by a bench away from were they buried the body, the girls approached sitting down on either side of him.

"This is where we know for sure it's been, right?" Jonathan began reading the map Nancy had made in his hands. "Steve's house." Julia mentions looking down his shoulder to the map.

"And that's the woods where they found Will's bike and.. and my house." Jonathan traced his finger over the red line marker on the map, seeing that everything that happened to Will was very close.

"It's all so close." Nancy mentions.

"Yeah, exactly. I mean, it's all within a mile or something. Where's this thing is, it's— it's not traveling far." Jonathan informed, beginning to fold the map back up, Julia stared at the side of his face, taking a look into his mind, seeing what he wanted to do. "You want to go out there." Julia says.

"We might not find anything." Jonathan quickly said, staring back down at her from his shoulder, Julia hums sitting back.

"I found something." Nancy began, getting their attention. "And if we do see it... then what?" She wanted to know more about this plan of his, she didn't want to die for nothing if she had to.

"We kill it."

••

One thing Julia didn't know about the oldest Byers was that he knew how to pick locks on car doors, apparently his father taught him when he was younger Julia stood by the door keeping a look out as the teen tried to pick his way into the dasher. "What are you doing?"

"Just give me a second." He grunt his teeth yanking the dasher to open harshly, he reached inside pulling out a sliver gun. Julia eyes widen at the weapon. "are you serious?" Nance scoffs crossing her arms.