Monster (3/4) || 15

update! (because i kept getting requests for it since yesterday) enjoy reading! ❤️✨

××××××

a tear rolls down aera's eyes, hugging jungkook as she woke up again, earning a sigh from the brother whose arms are wrapped around her trembling body that feels too warm against his. he pats her back slowly, she was supposed to be playing around, laughing, hunting for her presents and fighting him to let her have the whole cake because it's her birthday, not his. but instead she's in her room, failing miserably when the brother tries to put her to sleep, just being woken up by the same dream again since the last two nights.

"it's okay" jungkook whispers, "don't cry"

"jungkook?" he lifts his head up, looking at the door on hearing the elder brother's voice. "is she sleeping?"

jungkook sighs glancing down at aera and shakes his head, mouthing a silent 'no' to jimin who sighs as well, entering the room with a cup of milk.

"aera," jimin calls, "get up, drink your milk"

"she's crying, hyung" jungkook says, "...had another nightmare"

"ah my baby," jimin shakes his head, keeping the cup on the nightstand and sits on the bed near aera. "let's get up, okay? jinnie is cooking in the kitchen, we'll go and help him yeah?"

aera shakes her head, sniffing softly as she rubs her eyes, "why not?" jimin asks, again an attempt to get her to speak which has been a constant failure in the past two days.

"n-no" she mumbles, pointing at her head.

"your head hurts?" aera nods to answer his question, having him staring at her with empathetic eyes, knowing it was because of the lack of sleep, nightmares, fever and frequent crying. "finish the milk first, then i'll give you the medicine and you can sleep, alright?"

"oppa..." aera's voice is soft between hiccups, earning nods from the brothers gesturing that they're listening, as she pulls herself to sit up.

"yes, baby?" jimin speaks, stroking her hair, although she says nothing again. "you have to speak honey, only then oppa will understand what you're trying to say right?"

after a moment of silence, jungkook sighs and decides to speak, knowing aera isn't in the mood to talk much, "alright, let's go downstairs okay? you can sleep after having lunch."

"koo" she mumbles, "...my- my birthday"

the boys stare at her with soft eyes, thinking what to say now as they knew she won't really be a part of the celebration even if they plan something, and not doing anything will make them upset that their sister's birthday is ruined because of some nasty old freak.

"yeah, we'll get riri's favourite cake and ice cream, is that all or do you want more?" jungkook asks, waiting for her to add on the list. however his soft smile dies down gradually when the girl just shakes her head.

"uhm then how about we watch iron man?"

"...thor"

jungkook smiles, nodding his head, "ah alright, thor is great too. let's go then."

he gets up first while aera takes her time, closing her eyes again as jimin hands her a hoodie to wear. he sighs, exchanging glances with jungkook who looks equally disturbed about the situation as even after two days aera wasn't ready to change her shirts on her own. she would close her eyes to avoid looking at her body, and jimin had to help her through. even though the brother didn't mind helping as she was still his sister and just a child, but the fact that she didn't like to see her own self was making his heart ache.