𝟓𝟎. ✭ 𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐄𝐘 ✭

"You sure you want to do this?" I asked Brooks as I strap on the first bit of sparring gear. He'd stated last night that he wanted to get in some physical combat, although I doubted he truly felt up for it.

"I feel fine." I eye his shirtless body with a raised brow. He's covered in yellowish blue bruises, they're nearly recovered but not entirely. "I am tired of feeling about as useless as a piece of furniture. I've been through worse and I'm tired of you lording my uselessness over me."

"I do not lord it over you." He snorts out sardonically. "What? I don't. You are completely useful. That dinner you made last night was to fucking die for." That makes his lips twitch into a small grin. He likes the fact that I like his cooking. Because he likes you. Who doesn't? "I am curious as to why you didn't cop a feel when I gave you the go-ahead." He ignores that, lips now curling down in a frown. "How about now?" I gesture to my naked abdomen. "Wanna feel?"

"Torey, if you continue with your self-involved bullshit I will just spar with one of your fathers."

"But then what fun would that be? You wouldn't get turned on." I stop and think to myself for a moment... maybe he would? That thought sits with me rather uncomfortably but Brooks had confirmed yesterday that I am the only male that he has ever found attractive. I mean, who could blame him, really? I am one sexy ass motherfucker.

"You are the most egotistical person I have ever met in my entire life, you know that?" I can't help but laugh at his seriousness. He's agitated at my arrogance, it's kind of amusing. I enjoy getting him all flustered, like I had last night in the kitchen. That was an entirely different kind of flustered though. I still enjoyed it though. Did you? I think back to last night.

When I had taken my shower the conversation with Brooks had played throughout my head in repetition. I was left confused and I would have blamed it on the fact I was drunk and high but I had been no where near my tolerated levels. The way he was with me, just so open and honest, like he had nothing to be ashamed of, was refreshingly admirable.

He didn't lie or try to play it off like his response to me was just a faux-pas. As a matter of fact, he wouldn't even label his reaction to me, just said he had a type and I am it. Although, it goes without saying, I am nearly every single person's type in the looks department. I have a body that's good for fucking and protecting people but a personality that's not necessarily good for romantic relationships or situations.

Brooks though, he seemed to see through my bullshit, even called me out on it. He had been right, it was easier for me to think no one genuinely cared about me, easier to brood and lose myself in drugs and drink when I thought no one gave a shit. But then he'd connected with me on an emotional level that no one ever really has. He saw me through my darkness and brought me back to the light. In that moment, when he'd been an emotional comfort to me, I saw exactly how and why Dani fell in love with Brooks. He was solid and genuine, nothing about him was a pretense. It's why she was so carefree around him.

"Torey?"

"Huh?"

"Where's your head at?"

"Wouldn't you like to know?" I throw him a playful wink and smirk which has him shaking his head. I've done those actions multiple times since last night, watching him get all antsy because of it was quite entertaining. "You know, speaking of head..." He throws a punch my way which has me blocking and then countering. He shifts, blocking the blow as well. "I've never gotten head from a guy before."

"Good for you." We tango a little more, he's surprisingly keeping up a good pace.

"How about you?"