xv. mind flayer

☆✫❣︎𖤐♥︎𖦹𖣴// fifteen• 𝗆𝗂𝗇𝖽 𝖿𝗅𝖺𝗒𝖾𝗋

☆✫❣︎𖤐♥︎𖦹𖣴
// fifteen
• 𝗆𝗂𝗇𝖽 𝖿𝗅𝖺𝗒𝖾𝗋

It been an hour since they arrived to the Byers residence, Julia had her hand underneath the running hot water in the kitchen, she read somewhere that it restores pain, "Sam Owens. Dr. Sam Ownes." Hopper yells to a women on the phone.

"How many people are at the lab?"

"I don't know how many people are there! I don't know how many people are left alive!" Hopper says leaning his head against the wall beside the telephone.

"Have you contacted the police?" The woman asked.

Hopper groans rolling his eyes. "I am the police! Chief Jim Hopper!"

"Are you okay?" A voice brought Julia out of her daze, glancing away from her hands to Steve as he leaned against the counter watching as she twisted the tap off, drying her hands with a towel.

"Yeah, I'm okay, just a broke wrist, nothing I can handle." Julia mumbles, she never tried to heal herself before, well, there was a time she tripped off her bike onto the ground when she was twelve and wanted to take the pain away, she was so angry that it happened and managed to heal the wound like it never happened.

Julia grabbed a new set of bandage she took from the lab, trying to wrap it but she wasn't a lefty so it was a struggle. "Let me." Steve took the bandage from her hands, taking his time to wrap her wrist gently, not wanting to cause her anymore pain.

"They didn't believe you, did they?" Dustin says to the older man once he had slammed the phone down but the boy already knew the answer.

"We'll see." Hopper mumbles.

"We'll see?" Mike furrows standing up from the table. "We can't just sit here while those things are loose!" He shouts at the older man.

Steve held her hand for a moment, the butterflies in his stomach returned, he just wanted to hold her in his arms and call her his. He wanted to love her and prove that he was the one for her, the one that she can come to whenever she needed him, the reason to make her smile at any moment but his fantasies disappeared when a hand waved in his face. Julia.

"what is it?" She asked him scanning his face, Steve nods dropping her hand. "nothing, sorry, I was just thinking about— this whole thing." He lets out a nervous laugh.

"Okay." Julia cocks her head turning back to her father, she couldn't help but wanting to read his mind and know what he was thinking but—