fourty four; easier

"I'm sorry, Mary, but I just have to go

"I'm sorry, Mary, but I just have to go." Delilah was rushing around Mary's apartment, shoving clothes into the open suitcase that was on the bed. "No maybe, I love you, Mary, but I-"

Delilah froze. While she was by herself and no one could hear her, Delilah could hardly believe she had said that out loud. Did she love Mary? No, she can't. She couldn't love anyone other than Rosalie.

But Rosalie wasn't here anymore. Rosalie never fought for her, Rosalie never tried to fix what was broken. Rosalie had just let Delilah leave. But Mary fixed Delilah, Mary was always there, and Mary was exactly what Delilah wanted Rosalie to be.

Maybe Delilah did love Mary. She wasn't a hard person to love. "You can't say that to her though."

The brunette was having an internal battle with herself. How was she supposed to tell Mary she needed to return to Forks? Delilah had told Mary almost everything about Rosalie and the other people there. And Mary hadn't been quiet in voicing her opinions; she thought Delilah deserved better than the way they treated her.

And it had taken some time, but Delilah finally agreed with her.

"Are you leaving?" Rosemary walked into her bedroom, having just arrived home from work when she heard someone moving about in her bedroom. It didn't worry her when she heard them, she knew it would be Delilah.

Delilah George looked up from the suitcase on the bed and just looked at Rosemary Elliot. She looked at her from all angles, zoning in on her lips that felt so soft against her own, focusing on cheeks that would often move into the most beautiful smile, glancing at her long fingers that felt so good holding hers, and briefly gazing at her legs that felt so right intwined with her own.

It was her eyes that Delilah looked at last. The usually bright eyes, now held so much sadness. They didn't look like her Mary's eyes in that moment. They were the same eyes that Delilah had the time Rosalie left her stood at her waterfall.

They held hurt, betrayal and Delilah could only hope they would never hold heart break. She could never break Mary's heart, she didn't deserve that.

Maybe that was why Delilah had fallen so hard for Mary. It wasn't because she reminded her of Rosalie, it was because parts of Mary reminded Delilah of her old self. She had saved another version of herself.

"I'm coming back." Was the only thing she could blurt out. "I promise."

Mary nodded, not moving from her place at the door, "Where are you going?" She had asked the question, but she already knew the answer. There was no where else Delilah would go.

"I need to see Bella." Delilah was almost embarrassed to be admitting that, "The topic of her came up in the group, and I don't know..... I guess I feel bad. So-"

"-You feel bad?" Mary's tone was almost angry, which was rare, Mary never got angry. "What do you have to feel bad for? Lilah, she abandoned you, time and time again. If everything you told me is true, Lilah, you shouldn't even waste a thought on her."

Delilah heard every word that Mary said, she really heard it. Nothing like that had ever been said by anyone but Delilah, or people that hated Isabella. Sure, Mary hated Bella too, but she had never met Bella. And everything that Delilah had told Mary about her had been completely true. She hadn't left out any bad thing she did, or any bad thing Bella did- minus any vampire activities, of course.

Mary's opinion was unbiased. Or at least Delilah liked to think it was.

"Mary.... she's having a baby." Was the only argument Delilah really had, "And the last time I saw her, she said she missed me, and-"

"-People have babies all the time, Delilah. It's such a special, wonderful thing. But she, no they, all chose to exclude you. Remember what that girl said? She said you made them all miserable-"

"I remember, Mary. You don't have to remind me." Delilah said with a sad sort of laugh.

"But you don't do that to the people here." Mary moved from the doorway, and went to stand in front of Delilah. Her warm hands picking up Delilah's cold ones, there was so much that contrasted the two, but they worked so well together. "You make me so happy, Delilah. I've never felt so happy than when I'm with you. It's..... it's like I've been missing something my whole life, and I never realised it until I met you..... You complete me, Lilah. Everyone can see it. It's why my friends adore you so much. Everyone that I introduce you to adore you."

If Delilah were human, she would have been streaming with tears. No one had ever really poured their heart out to her like Mary just had. The words were beautiful, they were meaning full. But Delilah couldn't help but feel as though she had cheated Mary, she could never give her all the things she wanted. She shouldn't have let it get this far.

In that moment Delilah felt like Rosalie, and she didn't want to be Rosalie.

"Mary, I'm coming back." Were the only words she could manage.

It was clear from the look on Mary's face that she felt some kind of rejection. She had just told Delilah everything she was thinking, and Delilah could hardly say anything back.

The blonde dropped her girlfriends hands, her tone laced with hurt, "I've heard that before, Delilah."

"But I mean it!" And she truly did, "I'm not like your exes, Mary. I'm going to come back, why wouldn't I?"

"Is that what you told them? Hm?" Her tone was now full of anger, "Back in Forks? Did you just say that you were going out to the shops or something, or that you were just off for a run and you never came back?" Mary was way too angry to have a proper conversation, "I don't trust you, Delilah."

It was Delilah's turn to be hurt, "You don't trust me?"

For a few seconds the girls just looked at each other, it was as if they couldn't believe what the other was saying. It was their first argument, and it wasn't exactly a nice one.

"No." Mary whispered, "Why would I when you're returning to the place your ex girlfriend is at?"

The words caused laughs to fly from Delilah's mouth, "Thats what this is about! Isn't it? You don't want me to go because Rosalie's there. Not because you care about me, or don't want to see me hurt anymore! It's because you feel like I'm going to leave you for her." Delilah was just feeling sad, "My best friend is having a baby, Rosemary. You can say whatever you want to try and change my mind, but it won't work. Bella was the first person that actual treat me like I was normal...... I love you, but I will always do anything for Bella."

Delilah sipped her suitcase up, looked over Rosemary one more time, and walked to the door before pausing. "I'll text you."

Was the only thing Delilah said before walking out the door.

hi, sorry for the short update and that it's taken a little while. also apologies if this is messy, i'm watching sex education while im writing this. justice for ruby, cal, lily and adam </3