Chapter 1

"I have to go watch my sisters now. I'll see you guys later," Alya says and scurries off.

Nino and Marinette stand up and begin heading towards Marinette's place.

"What's on my plate today?" Marinette asks.

"You've got a meeting with Sir James of the Vienn Household in an hour and a half," Nino replies. Marinette nods in response.

An hour and a half later the call had begun. Marinette's sitting at her desk in a Chinese-styled top with her long hair in a bun.

"So, to get to the point, what's this conference about?" Tom asks. Luckily the conference was in English.

"I was hoping to possibly have your daughter's hand in marriage with my son, Mitchell," Sir James states straightforwardly.

Marinette looks at Nino and Nino nods as he begins to look at Mitchell's history.

"Not good, look at this," Nino says and passes her the tablet. Marinette quickly looks over it and frowns.

Mitchell had things leaked online, he had a bad reputation and dropped out of college for a girl who was using him.

Sabine steps in and says, "I'm sorry Sir James but Zhi Ruo has been betrothed to someone priorly."

Marinette smiles to herself, thinking of the boy she's betrothed to and dating. Then she looks at her left middle finger where her engagement ring sits.

In France, engagement rings are worn on left ring ringers but Chinese tradition has the rings on the left middle finger.

"Oh, when was this betrothal made?" Sir James asks.

"The day Zhi Ruo was born," Tom says. "And he's been courting her ever since."

The call ends soon after and as soon as it ends Marinette puts her hair down, running her hands through her luscious locks.

"You look happy. Is there a reason?" Nino asks as he moves to the beanbag on the floor.

"I turn eighteen next Sunday and the wedding is planned for when we're twenty," Marinette says and stands up. "And my coronation is two weeks after my birthday which means I'll get to see him soon."

"It's funny how people thought you liked Adrien," Nino comments as Marinette walks into her bathroom.

"True. Gosh, the act I have to put up, being the late, clumsy girl. It's gonna be so nice to go home," Marinette says.

"Marinette, Daniel and Peter are here!" Tikki calls and the trapdoor opens, the two boys coming into the room.

"Hey Mari," the two say in unison.

Daniel and Peter, two more of Marinette's bodyguards who are in a different class. Daniel's name is actually Delun while Peter's name is actually Peng.

"Hey you two." "Hey guys." Marinette and Nino say together.

"Do you remember what Saturday is?" Daniel asks as he and Peter sit down.

"No, what?" Marinette asks.

"It's the field trip for your class," Peter says.

"Oh my gosh! You're right! I completely forgot," Marinette says. "And today's Thursday."

"We better start getting packed tomorrow," Nino says. "We're staying there for a month as well."

"That overlaps with my coronation though," Marinette says.

"You'll probably get pulled out of the trip early," Daniel says.

"I can't wait to see everyone once we get back to China. And see Luka, Juleka, and Chloe," Marinette says.

Luka, Juleka, and Chloe. Some of Marinette's close friends but they have to act like they hate each other.

Luka and Juleka are twins, their actual names being Liqin and Jingjing. Their parents are teachers at the finest royal academy in the world, which is located in Shanghai. The two were allowed to attend which is where Marinette, Nino, Daniel, Peter, Luka, Juleka, and Chloe met.

Chloe. She's a part of nobility, being Felix's little sister. Chloe has known Marinette since birth, especially because of Marinette and Felix's betrothal. Chloe's name in Chinese is Changying.

By attending the royal academy, which is called Royal Academy at Shanghai, everyone speaks in Chinese, and occasionally English since it's the most useful language to learn for those students.

The rest of the night the four of them hung out, watching a movie and such before the last night in Paris before the trip.

691 Words