thirty two +

"we're landing soon." schlatt smiles under his mask as he comes back to sit down.

i nod happily and subtly watch him sit down and open doodle jump.

it's nice to finally be together, just us. the last couple of days have been spent trying not to let connor catch us as ... whatever we are. friends who kiss sometimes? schlatt seems so almost lose himself whenever we're together. and there's been a couple of times where he's left quite abruptly. i have no clue what's going on in his mind over this.

"do you think-"
"mm?" he turns to me quickly.

"well- maybe... since we don't have much time left and- well- since fed and charlie can't know-"
his eyes smile again and he pulls down his mask, revealing his full grin.

i hesitate and glance from his lips to his eyes, "so.."

"well how am i supposed to kiss you if you're still wearing your mask?"

i smile yes and pull mine down and he pulls me in closely, kissing me with a reserved hunger. i bite his lip and he chuckles a little.
"easy, tiger."
"i wish we were alone.." i whisper.
"mm.."

"oh my god." a pair of eyes with some round glasses peak over the seats ahead of us, "mom-!"
"fuck- fuck, fuck, fuck..." schlatt hisses.
"oh shit was she-"

"can i get a photo of you guys?" she peaks over the seats again.
"uh-" i glance at schlatt.
"sorry i can't do photos right now.. but i can sign something for you?"
"well actually... yeah... but y/u/n please sign something too? i love you haha!" she smiles and lifts up her notebook with some of my merch stickers.

schlatt chuckles, "well somebody's rising in fame!"
"what can i say haha! do you want it on the book?"

"yes please!" she smiles and hands it to me, "schlatt you just sign on the first page could you? then i can hang it on my wall."
"sure, of course." he smiles.

emily <3 @ skittlepea
I JUST MET Y/U/N AND SCHLATT AND I THINK THEY WERE MAKING OUT???? SJBDJSBDKSB I CANT MAKE THIS UP???
[images of the autographs]

when we arrive at the airbnb, schlatt immediately gets into a grump.
"this airbnb sucks."

"i missed you guys!" i smile and hang my arms around ted and charlie.
"god i'm so glad you came. literally NEEDED to see you. it was getting stupid." charlie laughs.
"literally! missed the slimey guy."

"there's bugs here. look at this." schlatt points blankly at a can of raid on the table.
"i know honey but there's nothing we can do about it know."
"i can complain."
"okay shush." i pat his back.

"ted are we meeting shae soon?" i turn to him as schlatt carries our bags in.
"yep! tomorrow night at dinner-" he answers quickly before running to the corridor with the others.

"where are you-"
"HAHA!" charlie cries as he makes it to the biggest room.
"no nO NO!" ted barks as schlatt slams the door on him and takes the second biggest room.

"don't look at me like that." ted raises an eyebrow, "you have to sleep on the couch now."
"shit!" i facepalm and walk into the little lounge.

"i thought the ad said it was 4 bed?"
"the couch is a pull out." ted shrugs, "you could take my room if you like. i don't mind."
"oh no i don't want to do that.. your girlfriend is going to be uncomfortable cramming in there with you."
"oh no, she lives near here. she won't be staying. c'mon, take my room ya little humble rascal." he punches my shoulder gently.

"fine! if you insist." i turn to grab my bags but notice something at the wall by the doorway.

"a piano!" ted speaks my mind.

"they didn't mention this.." i smile, sitting down at the wooden upright and lifting its lid.

"do you play?" ted stands over me and taps a couple of middle notes.

"yeah... ever since i was a kid." i position my hands but they know how to play more than i do. softly, i begin playing Chopin's Berceuse. i haven't played for a couple of years but it flows out of my fingers naturally like i'd been practicing all week.

"i'll get your bags to your room and give you two some alone time." ted chuckle and rolls my suitcase away.

i close my eyes and play softly for a minute or so. eventually as i finish i look up to see schlatt staring down at me.

"is this why you're such a classical nerd?" he smirks.
"i can teach you if you like."
"no thanks i get pussy."
i raise a doubting eyebrow.
"fine." he drops down on the seat beside me.

"do you know anything already?"
"my ma taught me this." he puts one finger on the F and one on the G next to it and plays six staccato notes, moving outwards after each bar. the chop waltz.

"damn, i guess i've already outshined you. kinda sad." he shrugs.
i look him dead in the eyes as i play the same tune on my right hand and accompany it with a waltzing left hand. i speed it up fast and faster, eventually turning the right hand piece into a little variation with alternating notes too fast to play without using one hand. i end it with a chord in four octaves, never breaking eye contact with him. never needing to look.

"that's hot."
"hush!" i immediately get flustered and cover his mouth.

"what else can you do?"
"well watch this. how to summon a charlie 101." i chuckle and start playing the great fairy fountain from legend of zelda.

as if on cue, charlie zips into the room excitedly.
"THATS FROM ZELDA"

we go out for dinner to celebrate our arrival at some sushi place a quick uber ride away. i remember some of the places we pass from back in the lunch club days. we reminisce a little over our meals and talk about ... everything. australia, the beach, the camera. i almost let slip about us but it's too early still ...

eventually after a few drinks, we climb into the uber and head home.

"night sammy squad." charlie calls into the hallway as we all head to our rooms.
"night."
"nighty night."

but i can't sleep.

i feel so strange being back here. i think about cooper, travis, noah. i can't believe we just don't talk anymore.

besides things with schlatt, my mind is still all over the place. i keep thinking back to the lunch club days. did i even really hate schlatt back then? there's one thing i'm certain of though.

i miss them. i miss it all.

i tip toe out of my room and across the hall, gently opening the door ahead of mine.

"schlatt?"

i hear a little grumble.

"schlatt.."

"mm."

"can i come in?"

"sure, honey." he mumbles, barely awake.

"i can't sleep.." i sit rigidly on the edge of his bed. before even opening his eyes, he lifts the sheets up beside him and smiles.

i snuggle into the warm space and bring the covers up to my chin. "warm in here."
"heaty bear."
"yeah."
he smiles and grabs his phone from the bedside table ahead of me.

"i gotta tweet something at-" he's holding the screen just in front of me with his other arm being a sort of pillow so i can see exactly what he just saw.

emily <3 @ skittlepea
I JUST MET Y/U/N AND SCHLATT AND I THINK THEY WERE MAKING OUT???? SJBDJSBDKSB I CANT MAKE THIS UP???
[images of the autographs]

467 replies, 5.3K retweets, 25.4k likes

he covers his mouth, "fuck.."