Nishinoya Yuu - Drive Me Crazy Pt 1

AU: Street racer (kind of Wangan Midnight-ish

AU: Street racer (kind of Wangan Midnight-ish...I did watch some of the anime, so here I am, writing this lsjflas)

Requested

Tags/ Warnings: FEM! Reader, swearing, I know absolutely nothing about cars (please keep that in mind), Noya might be a bit ooc...but it fits for this concept I'm thinking of...

NOTE: Street racing is DANGEROUS and ILLEGAL so....don't do it :) If you do...then I hope you have a good lawyer

Word Count: 4.1k+

•──────⋅☾ ☽⋅──────•

Prologue

Nishinoya never got used to the sight of the lights being divided. When he was driving, the highway lights always blurred together, creating two golden streams that floated above his head.

But tonight, he had stopped his car in the middle of the road. His hands gripped the steering wheel and his foot pressed almost too hard on the break. The early morning meant that the highway was abandoned. It was too early for people to be up and too late for anyone to care about cars driving on the highway—the perfect place for street racing.

Maybe he should quit. Racing was like a drug, the more he did it, the more he wanted to do it. He wanted to chase the high of feeling free and detached. But every time he asked himself that, another question floated into his brain: would he be able to let all of that go? All of the time spent with this car, the people he met, and the memories he made?

Nishinoya knew who he was when he was racing. But without it? Who would he be?

A car behind him flashed their headlights. Nishinoya eased up on the brake. He only had a couple of seconds to decide if he wanted to race, otherwise, the car would merely drive past him and look for someone else lurking on the highway. He flashed his lights back and changed lanes to leave space between the two drivers.

He let go of the break and started pressing slowly on the acceleration. The moment the car matched the pace Nishinoya had set, there was a second of lull—the hum of the engine, the stillness of driving.

Nishinoya gritted his teeth, and then floored the gas pedal, taking off in a blur.

The lights merged together once again and he let the gold beams guide him against the night.

•──────⋅☾ ☽⋅──────•

Act 1: It's been a while, but I still feel the same

"Nishinoya!" someone called out behind him. Nishinoya turned, nearly missing a paper ball aiming for his head. "The Dean is looking for you! You should head to their office."

Nishinoya gritted his teeth, having a good idea of what the Dean wanted to talk to him about. Nevertheless, he threw a half smile at the person and said, "Thanks."