#3: don't hide your brilliant mind

JAGGER'S TATTOO PARLOR OF HORROR

"Are you out of your bloody mind?" I huffed as I stared up at the tattoo parlor sign. The flicker luminescent lights flashed dauntingly as Luke let out an amused chuckle.

"No," Luke answered, although I think we both knew it was a rhetorical question. "I think it'll be therapeutic for a good girl like you to push her boundaries."

"Push my boundaries? Yeah, sure, let's go bungie jump or something. Let's not ink something permanent onto our skin." I retorted.

"Live a little," Luke said in a singsong voice before pushing the door open.

He began to walk in, leaving me stranded on the edge of the pathway. Standing alone on the sidewalk wasn't the smartest idea considering Luke had dragged me downtown. This is where the biggest and the baddest hung out. Considering I was neither, I scurried to follow Luke into the parlor.

"Well, Mr. Live-a-little, what are you getting tattooed?" I asked, my eyes scanning the row of sketches that were pinned to the wall.

I had to admit they were pretty good.

"I only get a new tattoo when something significant happens to me." Luke dismissed my question. "We're here for you."

"I'm a little insulted that befriending me wasn't a significant factor in your life." I mumbled under my breath as Luke smirked. "And we are not here for me. I don't want to get a tattoo – let alone from a parlor that has the word horror in it."

"We just put that word in there to scare away the wimps. It seems to be working." I heard someone sneer.

I spun around and came face-to-face with a girl who looked around my age. She had colourful ink spiraling up and down both arms. I tried to smile politely despite her comment.

"Back off Sage." Luke pushed himself off the wall. "She's with me."

Did that give me immunity from this snarky girls comments? God, I hoped so.

"You don't normally bring virgins into the parlor." Sage cocked her eyebrow and stared at Luke for a moment.

"Um, excuse me?" I stumbled out, my cheeks burning red.

"She means your skin." Luke rolled his eyes. "Not your vagina."

Luke's attempt to reassure me only made my face burn hotter. I shot him a glare and decided not to attempt conversing with these two. Maybe if I stayed silent Luke would forget his stupid idea of getting me a tattoo.

Sage, however, didn't seem to want to forget about me. She turned abruptly and let her eyes rake down my body. Jesus Christ, I've never felt so violated.

"So, what do you want to get pretty girl?" She asked.