33

"So, Noah, do you know anything about a human-monster dead or alive fighting club?" Wei Wuxian asked Noah when they were in the car. Lan Wangji was also there, driving the car while Noah and He Xuan were in the back seat.

"I've heard of it, but I can never seem to pinpoint the location. They probably cast a labyrinth array to confuse anyone who's not invited." Noah shrugged. "Besides, if they're going to kill each other anyway, who am I to judge? As long as they don't kill the innocents, I wouldn't bother looking for them."

"You have a point there." Wei Wuxian thought about it too. As long as they didn't bother the innocents, she should not be bothered by it. Except that her children were involved in that scene, and she had to find a way to communicate with them.

"We're here." 

Lan Wangji stopped the car a block away from the building where he parked near the public park. There were other commercial buildings around, such as cafes, boutiques, restaurants, and Lan Wangji was thinking if it's really wise to send Wei Wuxian inside. He did not know about Noah's temperament, so he couldn't make any worst-case scenarios, but if Wei Wuxian was involved, it's going to be catastrophic if she didn't control herself. He just prayed that it wouldn't come to that. 

The others were following behind him and parked their cars before getting out and reconvene on the sidewalk. Liu Qingge drove a van, which purposely doubled as a surveillance hub. He's going to put body cams on both Noah and Wei Wuxian besides the usual com device. It was the newest invention that was made out of undetectable material, in case there would be metal detectors there.

"So, any sign of something's off, please do not kill first ask later." Shen Qingqiu warned Wei Wuxian. "We're right smack in the middle of public areas, it would be bad if the building suddenly exploded or something like that. Gas leak is an out-of-date excuse already, everyone uses that nowadays."

Noah listened to Shen Qingqiu's words in amusement. He knew that the gas leak was just a standard cover story for anything inexplicable or abnormal, just like what they were about to do. But to hear them casually mentioned it was hilarious. He wondered what kind of a fun group this was.

"I get it, I get it. I'm not allowed to have fun." Wei Wuxian pouted as she took the red card from Lan Wangji and kissed him. "Let's get going Noah, before I get another earful." She dragged Noah away, and he only chuckled while following her footsteps. She was… fun. And smelled amazing. Wait a second. What the hell was he thinking about just now? Now he was so confused. 

Why did he mix Wei Ying with Feng Yue?

Well, they looked abnormally alike, they even smelled similar, and those eyes… wait. 

He remembered when he first made love to Feng Yue, her eyes turned into silver with golden halo outside the dark pupil. He thought it was his lust-induced hallucination, but what if it's not? What if… 

"We're here." Wei Wuxian's voice stopped his train of thoughts and he put the theory in the backburner. For now.

"How do you want to proceed?" Noah asked her, while scrutinizing her very very closely.

"Well, we got the card, why don't we just waltz in and play it by ear?" She grinned and waved the card in front of Noah. He nodded and together they strolled casually to the building.

Feng Yue knew right away when Noah arrived, by looking at the hidden security feed on top of the entrance door. She already dismissed the security, and by the time they walked into the building, every Doll's memories would be erased, and they would be confused and surely making a ruckus. They're not exactly model citizens before they became Dolls, and right now they could be back to their old life hundred times richer. That was their deal, money for their 'service'.