Forgive and Forget

Sammayra's POV -

The door knocks started getting louder, and made me furrow my eyebrows.
Twisting the knob I opened the door, just to stand face to face with my biggest nightmare.

He was standing there, it was not a dream or a nightmare to be precise, he was there, with light stubble on his chin, his eyes puffy red, messy hair, shirt untucked, stained cheeks, he was breathing hard, almost looked furious but there was something I was not able to figure out whilst looking at him, there was something, which was not scaring me, I didn't want to see.

But my heart clenched seeing him like this, as if I wanted to see him, but my guts were saying otherwise.

Finally leaving a breath, I started closing the door on his face, even though I was feeling some kind of magnetic effect pulling me towards him and ask him everything, everything I ever wanted to know, but I couldn't let this happen.

I knew it wouldn't be right.

For me.

For my baby.

Before I could completely shut the door at his face he held it in a tight grip. I don't know what I was feeling, I was feeling afraid for some reason, his appearance and his aura was making me feel intimidated, I was afraid for Connor, I don't know why I was not able to make myself think of anything positive this time.

I stepped back a little feeling his gaze all over me, I gulped and made myself remember that I don't need to be afraid of a cheating bastard.

I looked him straight into the eye and said, "What do you want Ashton? Why are you here?"

He looked defeated, he had that look on face which I could describe as regret. I knew for a fact that he would never be feeling regretted, over anything. I looked at him sharply and said, "Ashton what the fuck are you doing here?! Get out, what do you want from m--"

Before I could conclude my sentence I heard a thud, he was on the floor on his knees against the tile and hands between his knees, the defeat was on his body at this moment. But if this was going to happen the one thing I have made clear to myself is that nothing is going to make things like before, I cannot expect myself to be in a place where I was when I was married to him.

I can never, ever agree on seeing myself like that again.

I gulped and stepped back a little more, then only a little voice came to me from behind, "M-momma... who is that man?"

Turning my head towards the little figure standing behind the door frame of the kitchen, I was about to answer, when, "He- he's, he's m- my son...?"

My eyes widen at the realisation. Did he know it?

I turned towards his crouched figure and yelled, "NO... NO NO NO, he's MY SON, don't even dare Mr. Carter, DON'T you're nothing to him, neither he's to you, just get out of the hotel before I would need to call security."

He looked up at me with tear filled eyes, filled with hope, I reminded myself there is nothing which can turn me back to where I was, never in my life.

I took a deep breath and started walking towards Connor, he was still standing with a questioned look on his face, I picked him up on my arms, and he said slowly, "uh.. Mom, I have met that man, wh-- why did he say I am his son... I am your son right?"

I kept my palm against Connor's cheek when a tear threatened to fall from my eyes, "yes baby yes yes yes you're, you're my son my and only mine okay? You don't have to listen otherwise, I love you."