Chapter- 27

Ryan's POV

"Hello?" Her sweet voice rang.

"Bri." I smiled, remembering the last day when she told me that Brielle is too long and I can call her Bri.

"Ryan, did he believe you?" Worry was evident in her voice.

"No. He didn't." I sighed thinking back to my conversation with Evan earlier today.

"Now what? Was that it?" She sounded so heartbroken.

"No, I want to get to the bottom of it. I will tell you everything but you have to meet me tomorrow." I wanted to find a way to prove Brae innocent by any means.

"What are we going to do?" I could imagine her curious face.

"I have something in mind but I will tell you once we meet." Firstly, I wanted to sit down and speak calmly. Secondly, I wanted to see her again. It was crazy that I had met her only twice and I was already missing her .

"Okay, take care." I smiled to myself before responding.

"You too, bye."

……………

Brielle's POV

"Ah, isn't it the sweet little Brielle?" She said in a sickeningly sweet smile.

"We need to talk." I folded my arms against my chest in a defensive manner.

"I don't remember anything that I would like to discuss with you." She shrugged and blinked her eyes at me. I rolled my eyes at her .

"But I do. Why are you doing this ? " I stared straight at her.

"I don't understand. What are you talking about?" I gritted my teeth in annoyance.

"Don't act, Kate. You very well know what I am talking about. You had separated Brae and Evan for all these years and even now you're making them suffer." She let out an evil laugh as soon as I spoke but I couldn't understand what was so funny in that.

"I didn't separate them sweetheart. Brae's did. She is suffering because she is stupid and as for Evan, he isn't suffering now. He doesn't need your stupid sister when I am there for him." She was the most infuriating woman I have ever met. I was never the one to get angry easily but talking to her I could feel the rage building up in me.

"Brae isn't stupid and you're stupid to think that Evan is happy, that he has moved on. He can never be happy without Brae!" I spoke, my voice loud and clear.
She clenched her jaws and looked away.

"Try as hard as you can, Kate. At the end of the day, they will find their way back to each other because their love is that strong." As these words left my mouth, her face contorted in fury.

"They won't! He can be happy. I will make him happy. He will fall in love with me and together we will be happy!" I scoffed at her imagination. Only if she knew what Evan feels for Brae.

"You had three years. What happened? Did Evan fall in love with you?" I looked at her in a challenging manner.

"Don't shout at me." She yelled frustratedly.

"Why are you doing this ? Why are you threatening her? They love each other. Why can't you just let them be?" The words sounded so desperate. I was indeed desperate to see Evan and Brae together, to see my sister happy.

"Because I love him ! And Brae deserves this for interfering in our lives. She shouldn't have been there in the first place and Evan would have been mine." She snarled at me. There was an abnormal look in her eyes, like an unhealthy obsession that was consuming her.