Chapter 103

Stilhts POV

Despite everything, Sam had invited me back for discussions about the war. I was kept in a cell at all other times. He thought my input would be crucial and since I had done everything for the good of the clans anyway he didn't think it was a bad idea.

But I didn't think he was doing it for the right reasons. It was for that girl and not for the clan. Well, at least one good thing came out of her near-death anyways. Now we got to go to war for her. How delightful.

I had a feeling Sam was extremely displeased with Blaze marking her and wanted her by his side already. Not risk letting her stay any longer lest she developed feelings. She was the alpha king's mate after all. They are bound to be attracted to each other. And every moment they stayed together, the chance of that happening increased.

I could practically feel the cogs turning in Sam's head at the possibilities, the painful turmoil in him.

I also knew he was thankful for what Blaze did. My master couldn't have saved her as he did. His mark wouldn't have helped. He had accepted that grudgingly. I could tell. But that still didn't stop him from wanting Blaze gone. If it was possible to stimulate a poison that can cut off your wolf and kill your human half from your wolf, surely one that can cut off your mate bond is a possibility. He couldn't kill Blaze without that.

Sean, Scott, and even Sage agreed to the rushed and almost reckless plan. We had months to prepare but still. They all just wanted the girl back with them.

Or maybe they just treated her as a weapon and wanted her back with them.

Whatever it was, the plans commenced with us discussing logistics and where each of us will be stationed. The date was decided to be the alpha's farewell party. According to the spy, that's when they will all gather together. It will be the perfect time to attack and get rid of them all in one fell swoop.

Of course, their numbers would give us trouble. But that's where we will get a little bit of help to level. The playing field. All the experiments had turned out very successful.

Sam's eyes glimmered with hope as he looked at the plans. I had enjoyed seeing that look on my master's face but now it wasn't for what it used to be. It was for that girl. This wasn't supposed to happen. We were just supposed to use her and throw her away.

I remembered when I questioned him if he was falling for her and he had just brushed me away.

I sighed. Well as long as we can go for war and win. I suppose I shouldn't care too much about Sam's reasons.

......................

Zara POV

I had felt someone's warm tears on my face when I woke up. He had looked down at me with such relief. His blue eyes brimming with tears.

It had felt like I had woken up from a reverie instead of a coma. I rubbed my head remembering the feeling. Everything looked brighter, more colorful, the scents were stronger, the air fresher. I was noticing little things I would have ignored previously.

Perhaps the fear of death taught you to appreciate the finer things in life.

The uncontrollable rage and chaos I had felt within me at all times had somehow calmed down and I didn't feel as on edge anymore. I didn't feel like I wanted to rip out Blaze's face every time I saw him. It was... a good feeling.

Peace. Inner peace. Finally.

Or maybe I was dead and dreaming about all this.

I felt like myself again. And I haven't in a long time. Zarine was awfully quiet within me and I finally realized what it was. The poison had erased some of her effects on me for good. I wasn't as brainwashed anymore. I could think clearer.