Ch-2, Lest The Night Should Pass...❤️

Harsh words live in the Dungeon Of the heart,
Which only Love can subside!❤️

The next day, Anirudh was going to drop Bondita to Kadambiri's home. It was a ladies' function so he had planned meet one of his friends who lived in the same village.

As he drove her to the procession, he just couldn't take his eyes off his wife.  She wore a beautiful maroon saree, with a golden embroided border. Her hair were tied in a long braid and beautiful gold chains adorned them. Big gold Jhumkas danced from her ears, matching her neckpieces. Her beautiful hands adorned with bangles and her fingers painted in the red alta.

Anirudh just kept stealing glances from her  she really looked so beautiful with the kajal and that dark shade of maroon lipstick on her beautiful lips. He gasped hard as his eyes fell on her golden waist chain, it hugged her beautiful skin so gently, making him so weak at his knees.

"She is a true goddess!' He thought to himself and looked back at the road, trying to focus.

Bondita very well knew about all the thoughts that were playing in his mind. She was well aware about her husband and his mind. She just pressed a smile on her lips and looked at him, raising her eyebrows.

"You are looking heavenly!..."he whispered softly. "So beautiful!"

"Thankyou!..."she said giggling and pouted her lips, shying.

As they reached their destination, Anirudh held the door open for her and helped her take the gift baskets inside. He then congratulated Kadambiri's husband, who was sitting outside with a few other kin members, and then left to meet his friend.

Bondita went to Kadambiri and sat beside her. Kadambiri was really happy to see Bondita!... Everyone was so pleasured to have the presence of the Choti Malkin of Tulsipur in their small function.

Kadambiri looked so beautiful with the baby bump she had. Her face glowed with the happiness of being blessed with God's most precious gift. Everyone blessed her one by one, followed by some pooja's done by her Mother-in- law.

Bondita stood their, happy to see all the rituals. She had always enjoyed rituals.

After the rituals were over, they all sat to have the lunch. All the  women talked their hearts out. Bondita, not knowing many people, sat quietly and enjoyed the fun talks of the other women.

Suddenly an old woman who was sitting beside her, spoke up, "If I am not wrong, you have been married for a long time now, right Choti Malkin?" She asked thoughtfully.

Bondita nodded casually, not knowing where this conversation would lead her to.
"Four Years..." She replied.

"So?... Why ain't any good news yet?.." Another woman asked, making Bondita gulp hard on the morsel she had in her mouth. She couldn't reply and just looked down, trying to find the right words.

If this was a court, she would have said a  lot without having to think much. But this was a family function, she had to be responsible with the family's reputation afterall. Bondita looked up and softly spoke up.

"We haven't thought of it yet..."she replied.

"Oh!.. I seem the Barrister and his wife are too busy teaching girls... That they forgot to love each other!.... Or maybe Anirudh Babu doesn't wants to love you!" A woman said laughing aloud.

Bondita felt her heart twitch at those words. She couldn't remain quite anymore!... The barrister inside her didn't let her be quite.

"How does having a baby define love?"she asked looking straight in the woman's eyes. Her confidence making everyone look away hesitantly.