( 𝟎𝟓𝟑 ) medicine run

— WHEN ZOE WOKE UP, HER heart sank into her stomach when she felt like her head was going to explode, like her throat had closed up and like she was sitting in a bath of lava

— WHEN ZOE WOKE UP, HER heart sank into her stomach when she felt like her head was going to explode, like her throat had closed up and like she was sitting in a bath of lava. She was sick. She hadn't expected to get the illness, since she was young and healthy, and Nate was completely fine, but she thought back to Glenn coming down with the flu, and the girl realised that the idea of her catching it wasn't as shocking as she once thought. The second the girl let out a cough, Nate opened his eyes and looked up at her, watching as she then coughed a few more times into her arm, trying to shield it, the sweat dripping down her forehead as she felt like she was going to faint only just after waking up. Zoe looked down at him with a worried look on her face, her eyes tearing up, "I think I'm sick." She admitted, her voice sounding hoarse as the flu was already making its way through her system. When she entered cell block D yesterday, she never expected to fall ill with a flu that could literally kill you, but as she looked down at Nate, completely fine, her heart sank, the girl shuffling away as she climbed out of bed, "I shouldn't be near you, you could catch it." Zoe said, her heart breaking at the mere thought of not being able to touch or be near Nate.

When the girl started dressing, intending to go to the isolation block, Nate wrapped his arms around her, "I don't care. I'm not leaving your side." He told her, knowing that no amount of illness could keep him away from her, he loved her way too much. Even if the girl was bitten, and turning into a walker, he would never leave her, because wether she liked it or not, she was stuck with him for the rest of their lives. When Zoe tried to pull away in fear of getting him sick, Nate didn't let go, "Zoe, I'm not leaving you." He said, the girl sighing as she realised that Nate really wasn't going to give up with the whole 'not leaving' her thing. She was going to have to isolate in the new cell block they had cleared out, and there was no way she was going to let him come with her to increase the chance of him falling ill.

Zoe pried his hands off of her stomach, the man pouting as she stood back and looked up at him, "I love you, Nate. But I'm not about to risk your life. I'm going to isolation, maybe then I could help out Hershel, since I know a few things or two." She explained, feeling awful at the look on his face, "You can visit me whenever you want, but I'm not having you come in with me when you're healthy, I can't do that." She said, smiling sadly when Nate sighed, knowing that she was right. He would go in with her if she let him, but he wasn't about to go against her wishes, either, he respected her too much to do that; he would feel lost without the girl, that was obvious, but now, more than ever, he wanted to find them antibiotics, if not for the others whom had come down with the flu, then for his girlfriend, because there's no way he was going to sit still and not do anything. Especially since Daryl had informed him that he, Bob, Tyreese and Michonne were heading out today to find some medicine, now Nate had even more of a reason to go and help out Zoe.

"Daryl mentioned going on a run to find some antibiotics and any other meds that could help everyone out." Nate informed her. He wasn't going to go, since he wanted to stay here with Zoe, but since she was coming down with the flu, he wanted nothing but to help find that medication for her so she could get better. He couldn't sit back and watch her fall ill without doing anything, it would go against everything he promised the girl, about always protecting her; in some ways, he felt like he had failed her.