CHAPTER 16: PRISONER

ALEXONDRA'S POV

The cold atmosphere, bracing me in the room is so gloomy that arouse me from my muted sleep. A thin blanket was wrapped around my body as I unfold myself on the cold, granite floor. I was lying on the floor chilly room. It's not just chilly, it also has dim lights that prevents the room from total darkness.

I know this place.

This is the prison chamber of Roberto's mansion hidden under ground. I've never been here but this is the first time that proved about the rumors in the prison chamber. It is dark and you are not allowed to do everything according to your own will.

I curled myself back while tightening the thin blanket around me. It is very gloomy in here that I started shaking. The clothes I'm wearing right now doesn't give me enough heat for myself. I know that I deserved this.

I remembered when Brent tried to force himself on me and Roberto came to rescue me. Then everything went dark.

How did he find me?

I can hear footsteps coming somewhere in the room so I waited. It's not that slow but the person is holding a lamp, giving radiance across the room. As the light illuminate the atmosphere, I can say I am inside a jail box with its steel jail bars.

"How do you do, traitor?" The best detective of Roberto's mafia appeared behind the person holding the lamp.

I swallowed hard and looked away. I'm so ashamed of what I did.

"Quaresda, Sarsino, Velasco, Antonio, Hemires, Fransizo... " He started reading a list of names on a paper. "...Sayberin and Arsenio. They are the people we lost because of your stupid backstabbing."

I remained silent and closed my eyes in guilt.

"If it weren't for the Boss, we could have killed you in your sleep. You should have been punished harder..." he continued while looking down at me.

I admit it. Everything is my fault and I accept this punishment. Being their prisoner is better than being cuffed with that bastard. I just remained silent without looking at them.

"Just know this Grail, you are not allowed to do anything stupid while inside these bars." He paused.

I know. I know.

"Thanks to you..." He blurted out of the blue, making me raise my head to meet his stares.

Huh?

"The tracking team managed to find you that led us to Dark Salamander. You might have helped to locate the target but it doesn't change the fact that you are a traitor. Dozen of lives were killed because of you." He stated. "That's why you're given a lighter sentence."

Really? I... my traitorous act did something? I also feel sad that the mafia lost lives during that time.

"Your kids requested to see you." My heart started jumping for joy when I heard my boys calling me.

Rushing footsteps are coming on the way as they called for me, "Mommy!" Every sadness and guilt in my heart are brightening with joy. Finally, I can see my sons again.

"Mommy!" I didn't miss how Ryota gaze at me with loving yet teary eyes. Takamasa is behind him, silently crying while looking at me.

I tried reaching them but the jail bars are stopping us to.

"Can we go in please?" Ryota teary-eyed asked the best detective with puffy eyes.

"Please can we?" Takamasa seconded Ryota as they both plead the man.