Chapter Eight

It has been two weeks since Damian tried it on with me. Damian had basically been out the apartment most of the time so I hadn't really seen him. I wasn't complaining though! It just made things less awkward and meant I didn't really have to speak to him.

However every day while at work, I did receive many flowers that came along with pickup lines on the tiny card. For the past two weeks, I had worked ten days out of the fourteen. That had meant that I received exactly ten bouquets of flowers and ten pickup lines along with them.

Unfortunately, most of the flowers had died. Every day I brought home flowers, Jake was getting anxious and was freaking out because he wanted to know who was sending me these so he could beat them up. Yes, he was still being that annoying overprotective brother. As well as Jake, I was also super curious as to who was sending me these.

The one that I found the sweetest was: there's only one thing I want to change about you and that's your last name. I found it rather sweet. Then again, Grace found it creepy because she said that this pickup line had implied he wanted to marry me. Sure, that wasn't the creepy thing but she went on to explain. She said it was creepy because she found it weird how he wanted to marry me even though I had no idea who he was. I didn't entirely get her logic, but I found it sweet.

The one that I found the cheesiest was either: your legs must be tired because you've been running through my mind all night or do you have a band-aid? 'Cause I scraped my knee falling for you. These were just cheesy and the second one was always so overused. Everyone used it way too much, just like the heaven one that Damian said a few weeks back.

The one that I found the funniest was: can I have your picture so I can show Santa what I want for Christmas? I don't know why I found this the funniest. I just felt like it was hilarious because it was also so stupid at the same time. Grace did think it was weird, though. I found out she had loved cheesy pickup lines.

My ultimate favourite was: I've got skittles in my mouth, want to taste the rainbow? It was just funny and so direct at the same time. It was honestly the best pickup line I've heard in my whole life. The ones I usually hear are cheesy ones. This one was just completely the best, plus I did love skittles. I hadn't eaten much skittles recently, but it was one way to my heart.

Curiosity was overwhelming me, though. These pickup lines and flowers were quite sweet, but it was honestly annoying me that I didn't know who was sending them.

"Kylie!" I was currently sitting on the couch. I had a day off today so I was just chilling. At the sound of Jake's voice, I turn to look at him.

"Yeah?" I reply.

"When were you going to tell me?! I bet its him!"

"Huh?" What the hell was he on about? He doesn't know about Damian and I almost kissing, right?

"Your boyfriend. When were you going to tell me you were dating Harry? I seriously bet it's him sending you those flowers and pickup lines!" Where did he get that assumption from?

"Um, Harry isn't my boyfriend," I inform him, trying not to laugh because of how annoyed and angry he looked.

"What?" he said, his anger calming down.

"He's not my boyfriend. I lied." Phew, feels good to admit that. I suppose Harry would be pleased to be relieved of this act. I mean we did have fun pretending, especially when Damian was around.

"You lied? Why?" He seemed really shocked that I lied about it.

"Wait, who told you?" I mean, I don't think Harry would've said anything because we were basically pranking Damian.