𝐎𝐍𝐄

tw: self harm
FOR someone who was a frequent traveler, Genevieve Porter had never been particularly fond of airplanes. Her ears for one always hurt badly on the descent and the take off, and most of the time she had to endure that all alone. She always got restless, not being able to sit in one place for hours at a time, (or quite frankly stay in one place a time for more than a year at most, but that was neither here nor there) and she hated most about her life the notion that she was practically "raised" in an airport.

But here she was, walking through one, going back to a destination that has been deemed home, and not completely hating it. "Thanks for the getaway, Roz. I really needed it." Genevieve respired— actually grateful for the cool September air of Salt Lake City.

"Don't thank me, thank my kind investors, Mr. and Mrs. Carmichael." Rozalinde replied with a subtle smirk. "I also like to call them Mom and Dad from time to time."

"Hm... Seems like you have your wires crossed a little." The dancer replied with an amused grin.

"I've never been one for untangling things anyway." Roz shrugged, and for a couple of minutes the only sound to be heard was the wheels of their carry ons against the airport floor.

As they passed through the airport, they headed to the part of it where patrons had left their cars until they came back. Once they got to the silver Jeep, Genevieve threw her purple suitcase into the trunk along with Roz's and found herself in the passenger seat next to her foster sister.

"So... back home?" She asked.

"Let's maybe get food first before I have to drown myself in all my biology and biochemistry course work, Gina." Roz sighed before turning back to back out the parking spot.

"Gina" shrugged. "Sounds good to me." She didn't think she'd ever be used to the nickname, or just nicknames period. Though Roz didn't think very long and hard about deriving Gina from Genevieve, Gina didn't think she'd ever met anyone that ever knew her enough to know she'd want one.

God, she hated the fact that Roz wasn't in high school with her.

"Have your teachers started assigning work yet?" Roz eagerly pestered— she had stupidly agreed to the curly headed girl's rule about no school talk on their weekend trip without realizing how badly she wanted to ask about her first week at East High.

Gina knew this was coming. "Nah, not really."

"Have you made any friends?"

"Not really."

"Joined any clubs? What about baking?"

"I already do a whole lot of that for Caramel Delights."

"Fair. Drama?"

"I haven't joined anything yet."

"East High is practically known for their drama club."

"So I've heard." She mumbled back to Roz. "You've only said it about fifty times in the past two weeks." The snippy tone in her voice was obvious, even causing Roz to do a double take to look at her as she finally came close to getting off the highway.

"I'm just looking out for you, Gina. All you talk about is Hamilton, Six, Heathers, Dear Evan Hansen and all those other musicals I only know the name of because of you. This is something I know you want. Be serious and go after it."

It was silent until Gina decided to stop hiding behind her curly tresses out of sheer embarrassment and turned back softly to Roz. "I... I know you were just looking out for me. Sorry. I'll... They already announced what show they're doing for the fall musical. Auditions are tomorrow, I'll make sure I'm there."