Chapter 20: Final Aspect for Rescue Operation: Alcohol for Alibi

"Normal Speech"
'Thought'
***********************************

Cale Henituse started to drink right after he ate his lunch. He couldn't skip his lunch, in favor of alcohol, not with his servant and chef watching him with vicious eyes.

Choi Han was still stuck in confusion when he went to relayed Cale's order to Ron, who immediately made everything happened without asking for reasons.

It had been two hours since the drinking session started.

Choi Han was looking around the peaceful atmosphere. 'Why am I the only one who seem worry that Cale-nim had been drinking for two hours straight?'

Even though he saw that Ron stayed attentive to Cale's action, in case he needed any help, Ron's face was too calm to be called worried.

He couldn't help but turned to ask Hans who was delivering the kittens's food. "Is it okay for him to drink that much?"

Hans smiled and reassured Choi Han, "He promised not to throw bottles at others. So it's fine. No worries."

Choi Han just shut up and moved away from Hans who misunderstood the meaning of his question.

He noted that he shouldn't talk to this deputy butler when he was with the kittens. He decided to do the same as Ron, to sit and watch to make sure Cale's safe from anything at all.

"Wow, old man, your alcohol tastes really great! Much better than I expected." Cale praised while eating the snacks Ron served. Most of the knights and soldiers had started to drink a little too.

'And they were nervous to even wear helmets when I first asked them to gather to drink.' Cale glanced around and thought. 'They only relaxed when I said I wouldn't throw the bottles. How sad.'

The old man smiled sheepishly at the praise from Cale. "Thank you for the praise, sir. This wine is the special wine I've made from the fruits and herbs from the mountain. That's why it's a little expensive."

"Of course, it's needed to be expensive, it's your efforts to make it this tasty. Anyway, I'm rich, this much is still okay. Do you have a lot of these?"

"Yes, sir. We have quite a bit in store."

"Then send it to everyone to enjoy!"

"Y-Young master, you don't have to—" the vice captain shouted out with flushed face, but his eyes were focused on the bottle in Cale's hand. The soldiers also do the same.

Cale's expression turned a bit angry. "I always keep my words! So when I said for you to drink, just drink it! This young master just happy to find delicious alcohol, so I decided to be generous today."

Cale hiccuped as he talked. "Every person needs to empty the bottle. That's an order."

The eyes of the soldiers that were presented all started to sparkle. Any alcohol that young master Cale enjoy, was known to be expensive but tasty to drink, as he only drank the best. They couldn't effort it with their little salary. This may be the first time they were glad that Cale was alcoholic.

""Thank you, Young Master!"" Everyone shouted in unison.

Cale watched as the inn owner distributed the alcohol and snacks to everyone with a satisfying smile. 'Everything is as planned. Only Ron left.'

Cale spent another 30 minutes or so drinking. Even though his face flushed really red, in fact he was still clear-headed. 'I wonder how much I should drink till I'm drunk. It's a mystery.'

Cale glanced at Ron who hadn't touch any alcohol today, although he also enjoyed drinking. 'He definitely see through the plan.'

Cale called for Choi Han. "Choi Han. Come support me. I wanna sleep now."