Chapter 40: River

Yesterday evening

I was on my way to the library when someone I didn't know approached me.

" you're River, Grace's boyfriend right?"

" yeah is something wrong?!"

" no-no, she just told me to tell you to meet here in the science lab." He said. " oh, alright thanks, man."

I turned around and walked towards the lab.
I knocked before entering and when I didn't hear anything I walked in.
I saw candles lit, rose petals, a lavender scent in the air.

My Gracie did this?

I'm going to propose to her.

Before I could call out for her the door closed, and a blindfold went over my eyes.
" Grace?" I tried reaching for her eyes as she tied the blindfold. She still hadn't said anything.

She pushed me slowly till I hit a chair with my feet.

"Grace?"

She pushed me down and I was sat in the seat. She climbed on top of me, it didn't feel right.

" Grace I don't like this." I reached my hands around to untie the blindfold when she grabbed my hands and put them on her waist.

" Grace I love you but I rather not do this right now." She pressed her lips to mine and I kissed back on instinct, she ripped the blindfold off and when I didn't see the same hazel eyes of Gracie I saw the green ones of Lyla, she looked the other way.

" Hey, Grace."

Before I pushed her off me I looked the way she is. My Gracie was standing at the door with tears watering up in her eyes.

" Grace!" I shoved Lyla off me and tried going after Grace.
She slammed the door and the door hit my face. I regained my sense and ran after her.

I went out the door she went out and I went up to her.
"Grace let me explain..." I tried touching her but she flinched. " Gracie." She knows I would never hurt her.

" don't call me that."

" what?" Before I knew it her sister was pulling up.

I would never hit a girl but I would sure in hell yell at one.

" you just don't know when to stop huh?" I yelled and she and Jay had cleaned up the room. " so it worked?" She smirked.

" you fucking slut!" I exclaimed. She sent a hard slap across my face. I felt the sting.

I couldn't hit her but Jay on the other hand...
" so you're with her now?"

" I go both ways River, might go for your sweet Gracie next." He grabbed his neck slamming him down into the table behind him.

He kneed me in the stomach and I pushed his face down to the table. " What's wrong River... you and Grace aren't going to work anymore?"

He broke free and I sent a punch to his throat. He jerked forward and folded. I watched him fall to the floor, coughing.

I grabbed his collar and punched his face repeatedly. I brought his bruised face up to mine and I put my lips next to his ear.

" come near me or Grace again and I'll kill you."

————————————
I hate this chapter