{ 28 }

"WHAT ON EARTH D'YOU TWO THINK YOUR DOIN'?" Hagrid asks sternly, stood at the top of the long, winding stone staircase that lead to... a much less depressing place.

Harry stared at the man with wide eyes, Lily only looking up at him with a smile which fawned innocence, taking her hand away from her shoulder. She waved at him, in the sweetest manner possible.

The large man huffs. "C'mon, then!"

Harry races up the stairs, Lily following suit shortly after. Once they begin walking in sync with Hagrid, he takes her hand in his. "Are you sure you're alright?"

Lily rolls her eyes, turning to him with a smile. "Honestly, Harry - I'm perfectly fine! I simply just happened to run into a man who has a bit of a obsession with... shoulders and.. collarbones..."

Harry cracks a laugh, as Hagrid speaks. "You two're a mess! Really, sculptin' round Knockturn Alley... y'don't want anyone to see you there — people'll think you've been up to no good."

"Gee," Lily snorts, shaking her head, as the tall man looks down on her and her brother. "Thanks, Hagrid."

"We were lost," Harry gulps, dusting some soot off of his cloak. "We- hang on, what we're you doing down there, then?"

"Me?" Hagrid begins, as the three walk through the bustling cobble streets of Diagon Alley. It seemed just as busy as the previous year - if not more. "Oh, I was- I was gettin' some Flesh Eating Slug Repellent, they're ruining all the school cabbages, you see."

Lily's eyes widen momentarily, before returning back to their.. normal size. The neutral expression on her face is quickly replaced with a bright smile, as Hermione Granger comes into view - a close friend of her and Harry's.

The curly-haired girl quickly turns to them, a smile on her face. "Lily, Harry — Hagrid!"

She quickly steps forward, offering bright smiles to all of them, as Hagrid's booming voice is heard. "Hello, Hermione!" He grins.

The girl almost jumps, quite clearly excited. "Oh, it's so good to see you both!" She says, her eyes on Lily and Harry.

"It's great to see you, too!" Harry answers, Lily nodding her head in agreement. Out of Harry's view, she points to the crack in his glasses, mouthing 'can you fix them?'

Hermione giggles, quickly raising her wand to the boys face, shocking him momentarily. "Oculus, Reparo."

Harry jerks his head back, crossing his eyes for a moment, inhaling sharply. Lily giggles, giving a thumbs up to Hermione, who nods, grinning.

Hagrid smiles fondly. "Well, I'll leave you three to it, then." He begins to walk away, a chorus of 'bye, Hagrid!' following him.

"Well — come on, everyone's been so worried!" Hermione urges the two to follow her to the shop where the others are — Flourish and Blotts.

Once the three arrived, Harry and Lily were bombarded by the questions, concerns and hugs of the others. "Oh, goodness, Harry," Mrs Weasley speaks, concern and worry laced in her tone. "We only hoped you'd gone one grade too far — and taken your poor sister with you." She pinches both their cheeks, smiling brightly.

Lily grins, quickly turning to Tommy, who had already been looking at her. He's standing nearer to the corner of the room, simply scanning his surroundings. He doesn't look bored, but simply not necessarily in the mood to do anything. She smiles - he returns it gladly, before they both looked down, each of their c

She carries on staring at the ground, almost in a daze — before a tap on her shoulder causes her to look up, turning to her left, where she stood.