025 Set It On Fire

Twenty Five, Set It On Fire

( mentions of suicide )

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

  SHE WAS sick to her stomach, felt like poison ivy was clawing at her skin. "i'm sorry, i didn't know you were coming — i have to head to the girls school. dance recital."

luna wanted to claw her own eyes out, "right. i'll make this quick? if that's okay.." the woman before he nodded slowly, taking a few steps to her drifted daughter. "i would never ask for something like this, cause i genuinely, would never need it .. but it's for noah."

marie raised a brow, she had always envied the man for the connection he had with her own daughter. it was a connection she would never possess anymore, not after luna's dad leaving. "is he okay?" luna sighed gently, arms folding over her chest. "he was shot, last night, he's okay .. but he's getting a surgery and for being the sheriff—"

it was all marie needed to hear, the woman nodded slowly — opening up her purse. "um, how much do you need .. i'll write a check." luna's eyes were wide, her mother had never had the money before to own a checkbook. "i-i don't know, but—"

"alright, i'll figure it out."

luna fell silently, why did she want to suddenly cry? who was the woman standing before her? she'd never met her before. "here, i hope that's enough. if you need anymore, you know where to contact me." luna's heart was pounding as she stared down at the check.

this is a lot of money, way more than imagined.

she could leave, with this much money, she could leave for good. she could be selfish, like she always wanted .. maybe take stiles? but she knew better, he would never leave. so, she wouldn't leave.

and maybe, just maybe, one day she would pluck up the courage and leave .. with or without stiles.

luna willow sage hated beacon hills.

and marie, she walked right past her daughter with no more words to speak and hopped right into her freshly cleaned car. marie sage wasn't a thing anymore, she was a mere fraction of one's past, luna's fading past. she was marie carter now, a rich woman with twins and a rich husband.

luna willow sage didn't matter to her much, anymore.

"try maddy, it's gottta be maddy." her head felt like it was about to explode. she could barely pay mind to stiles or lydia's words. she had cashed the check, put it into noah's bank account and missed two class periods.

stiles was on her ass about it, and she lied, again.

it felt like the world was out to get them, was trying to burn & buried them alive .. and it felt like it was working. "doesn't maddy feel a little obvious? as a cipher key?"