Chapter 38: Dark magic user

Violet POV

It took a lot of begging to get Ceil to let me out of jail. It didn't want to be locked up there forever, I couldn't handle being alone for that long. And I don't want to just sit out this whole 'Fight the Demon King' plan. 

I had briefly explained the plan to Ceil and Allen earlier.  Well, it wasn't quite the plan when someone is coming up with it for you...

My thoughts are interrupted by yet another sound in the bushes. The forest I'm currently in is a little scary, maybe it's because it's pretty late in the day. After a while of walking, I finally find what I've been looking for.

A large tree, stretching way above the rest of the trees, my neck strains trying to look up at it. I exhale slowly, this better work...

"William!" I yell at the top of my lungs. Silence. I wait for a bit, but no one responds. "William! I know you're there!" I yell again. Silence again. "HELOOOO?" This goes on for a while, my throat going soar from the yelling.

Finally, after resorting to sing 'the song that never ends' over and over, I finally get a response: "Will you shut up?!" An annoyed voice comes from atop the tree.

"You finally answered!" I say happily, my voice a little hoarse. 

"What do you want?!" The voice asks in a rude manner. 

"Let me up! I need to talk to you!" 

"Why would I do that?" The voice scoffs.

"The Kingdom is at stake." 

"Are you talking about the Demon King? How could I be of any help?" 

"You're a dark magic user, just like him, aren't you?" 

The voice didn't respond. After a while I hear clangs on top of the tree, a wooden ladder drops from the tree. I slowly make my way up the tree. After getting closer to the top, I see the outlines of what seems like a small house on top of it.

At the end of the ladder, I'm met with a house, small if you compare it to an actual house, but pretty spacious for a treehouse. It even has a small balcony. 

I walk into the house, William is leaning against the wall next to the doorway, a cold look on his face. "How did you know? Who told you?" He asks as soon as he sees me.

"No one told me, don't worry. As for how I know, everyone has their secrets, no?" I smile.

William doesn't seem very pleased with my answer, judging by the deepening scowl on his face. 

"I'm not going to tell anyone." I awkwardly laugh. Well, Allen already knows, so it's not like I told him...

"Fine. What do you want?" His tone relaxes a very tiny bit.

"Well, I won't beat around the bush, does The Demon King have a weakness?" 

"Couldn't you give me an easier assignment?" he laughs. "You know that knowing his weakness doesn't mean that you can defeat him, right?  That man can kill anyone anytime he wants. Do you even have any sort of plan?" 

"Sort of..... That doesn't matter! I'll figure it out!" I say.

"Well, it's none of my business." He sighs, "Well, I'll help, since I would also not like to be dragged into a war." He sat down on a chair behind him crossing his arms and legs. "Well, for starters, look into what are NOT his weaknesses. Perhaps, he is immortal, so no sickness or poison, he is incredibly strong, so no use trying to fight him directly, he's got hundreds of followers and guards so no use trying to get close to him from the inside....."