Chapter 3

Jess and I are like two peas in a pod, we share so much especially outfits, it helps that she's a model, so she gets all these fancy outfits for free or someone sends her some cool things so she can promote them on her social media, the girl is literally living the life. We are different heights, Jessi has legs for days and everything she wears is short, which isn't bad because when I wear them it's a respectable length so I'm not complaining.

I know I brought a ton of bags with outfits but sometimes nothing is better than bonding with your best friend and having her dress you and doll you up, which is exactly what I'm letting her do this evening since she has big plans for after moms party.

Jessi chose this little black dress that hugs her body in all the right places, Jessi is mixed if I haven't mentioned, so you know those babies have the best of each parent, she's got melanin that glows in a sense you wonder what's her skin routine but there is none because it's just genetics ?, sun-kissed from the Gods I tell you. she's got sand brown eyes. The fair brown eyes that glow just right with tanned skin, natural curls no frizz.
she could wear it straight or curly and pull off each look just as good as the next, lashes so long you would swear it creates its own wind some would swear it's falsies but she's just blessed I guess, with high cheekbones, petite body and height 6ft tall that feels like it's all legs when you see her.

She topped her outfit with some red heels that matched her nails and toes. Her hair curly and pinned up in parts with some curls still loose around her face and lastly red lips to finish the look off.

One thing about Jessi's presentation is everything to her, she just knows how to present herself, I'm honestly in such awe of her. Like shit that's my best friend!

Not to mention the major benefit is to have a friend who knows how to transform even my sloth self into something magnificent if I do say so myself.

She dressed me up in this almost navy blue Colour satin fitted dress with a slit up to my thigh. The dress was quite short but went over my arse and hugged all my curves in all the right ways, honestly made me feel like a baddie.

Not to mention the color complimenting my eyes, the navy blue somehow made my green eyes pop. I paired the dress with some silver heels approved by Jessi and she kept my face almost natural just some blush and lipstick.

I was pretty impressed.

We left my hair as is straight but messy and we headed down the road, to my parent's home, where we heard Tom giving his speech about; how he's a mommy's boy and that she deserves the world which isn't wrong, mom was a go-getter! My dad and her were the duo pair, him being a cop and her being a lawyer for the DA, they were a match made in law, sometimes even worked on cases together. Our parents gave us everything, financially and emotionally, surprisingly family life was well adjusted. Can't say I have daddy issues or a broken home.

Got quite lucky in that aspect of life.
As Thomas announces he got a gift for my parents and it's the best gift he thinks he could've gotten them, hoping I'm on the other side of the door I'm sure because embarrassing if I wasn't.

I step inside and my mom immediately drops down and tears up, my dad holds her as they share a tender moment, you would swear I came back from war at how dramatic my family is when I've literally been working away for two years with multiple FaceTime calls and even just normal calls, but no my family acts as if I've been missing for 2years straight. I suppose in a sense it's because we're a tight-knit family and I'm the baby, so I guess it just hit harder.

"Surprise mom and dad," I say in a happy yet awkward manner, simply because they're crying and I just don't know how to act when people cry. I'm not your typical soft girl if that wasn't obvious. The mushy stuff isn't really my scene. Thomas always said I'm cold-blooded but I show love so I don't know what he's on about.