Hello and welcome back. It has been over 7 years since I begun this story in 2014. I came up with this idea just before my fifteenth birthday and now I'm 22.
For some reason, you adored this messy little book. You gave it 25M reads in 6 months. It has over 1M likes. And now it has 50M reads??
You loved this book and these characters so much over the years that I always knew I wanted to be able to finally write the version of this book that it deserved. I was a very young teen when I started this. I didn't know how to write a book. I didn't know how relationships and love worked. I didn't even Google how underground fighting worked because I was worried that was illegal to do lmao.
I'm now 22. I have an English degree. I have my own apartment. And I am finally ready and so excited to write the book of my dreams. These characters mean more than anything to me and they deserve a better book.
So I am very happy to announce that I am writing that rewrite.
And I am even more excited to announce that it's being published!
BULLETPROOF, the book of our dreams, will be available for you to buy in ebook and paperback! (Estimated 2023 release)
This version is a full rewrite. The version this book is now does not do it or myself justice. The characters are the same (and some new ones) and the basic plot is the same. But I'm just so excited to share this new version, you are going to love it so so much.
Here are some things to look forward to:
- mature scenes! Bulletproof was never big enough on romance. Well, this rewrite IS. There will be mature scenes, nothing heavily explicit but there will be some detail that is tasteful!
- better plot and higher stakes! I always took issue to the conflict and "villain" of this story and in this version Tyler is actually going to have a "rival" in his underground fighting and football personas.
- more football! There's no way this boy somehow went from ditching football to getting into school for it so there will actually be football in this book and we see Tyler's two worlds conflict much more than before!
- better development: the book is about 2 people whose family and personal lives are in shambles but I felt we never got the pay off or full effects of those feelings, which will be rectified in this book!
- bisexual tally for the win! Tally was the first lgbt character I ever wrote and was 100% a throw in from me at a time when I was struggling to understand and connect with my own sexuality. Tally plans a much more personal and stronger role in this version.
- making out in Tyler's truck until the windows steam up
- Tyler is a passive aggressive flirt times 100 and it's the greatest thing. Is he annoyed or flirting, we truly don't actually know.
I'm beyond words and just so pumped for this book. I really think you are going to adore it as much as I do.
Just the fact that you guys will have the chance to have a copy of Bulletproof on your bookshelves is crazy. I'm working so hard to make this the best I possibly can for us!
If you want to keep up with any and everything about self publishing then head to my Instagram @authortahliepurvis where I'll be keeping everyone up to date! If you're not already you should also be following me here on wattpad where I literally send out notifications about everything (also following me is free support and is much appreciated!)
Are you excited for the published version of Franny and Tyler?
- Tahlie x
YOU ARE READING
Bulletproof (Publishing 2023) ✔Teen Fiction
When Franny learns why former popular boy Tyler fell from grace, she gets thrown head-first into his dangerous world but also closer to his timid heart. ***** Eighteen-year-old Ty...