interview with joy reid

*Kamala and Doug do their first official interview as first time parents! Thank you so much to ReneeThornton8 for suggesting this idea! Enjoy! 💙

August 31st, 2021

Today, Doug and Kamala are going to do an exclusive interview with Joy Reid, their first ever interview since welcoming their son Devi Douglas into the world!

Joy Reid and her small team will be coming to the Naval Observatory to make it easier on Kamala and Doug!

Joy and her team are all vaccinated and tested negative for Covid which is a great thing so baby Devi can stay safe and healthy!

Kamala, Doug and Devi are all getting dressed and ready for the interview! Kamala and Doug are very excited to see Joy Reid and to talk with her!

*Kamala's outfit, Doug's outfit and Devi's outfit with gray pants. Imagine the baby Kamala is holding is Devi*

Once they are dressed and ready, Kamala, Devi and Doug come downstairs and they get ready for the interview!

*Joy smiles at Kamala, Devi and Doug as Kamala and Doug sit down and get settled in for the interview.*

Joy: "I first want to say congratulations to the both of you on your new miracle baby boy! He is beautiful and so perfect!"

*Kamala and Doug both smile at Joy, happy to see her*

Kamala and Doug: "Thank you!"

Joy: "I am so happy he is joining us during the interview! Babies are so fun and especially adorable to look at while they sleep like little angels."

Doug: "He loves to be held, especially by Kamala. He is a Mama's boy already."

Kamala: "Doug and I know everybody has been wanting to see him besides pictures so we decided to have him join us during the interview!"

*Kamala chuckles and smiles at Doug and Doug smiles back at her*

*Devi coos and wiggles a little in Kamala's arms causing Joy to awe loudly*

Doug: "Devi's first ever TV appearance and interview at three weeks old!"

*Doug, Kamala and Joy all chuckle together*

Joy: "Kamala, how are you feeling and how are you two adjusting as parents?"

Kamala: "I feel wonderful! Thank you so much for asking. I am still recovering from birth, I have another three weeks before I can get back to exercising and other rigorous activities."

Doug: "I feel fine too! Thank you!"

*Kamala and Joy both laugh as Doug giggles*

Kamala: "And I think Doug and I have adjusted pretty well at becoming parent! The first week was a huge adjustment for us since we were getting into a routine and just learning about our baby boy but Devi is such a wonderful baby. He has slept through the night since he was six days old so we have been sleeping well. I think that has helped a lot on how good we are feeling."