𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟔 - 𝑂𝑙𝑖𝑣𝑖𝑎

I've been doing my best to keep busy this summer

Spending more time with friends who aren't just Kacy, but no one can beat that crazy girl.

We've had way too many sleepovers, and spent way too much time together, and I just know I'm going to miss it when we can't because of school. She's been keeping me up to date with her blossoming relationship with Miles, and I can't help but be happy. I'm not sure Miles will be the best influence on her in the long run, but for now she's too happy, and I don't want to be the one to ruin it.

I feel like I'm just living vicariously through other people at this point, but it helped me get through the summer with minimal breakdowns. So I don't exactly plan on stopping.

By keeping myself busy invested in other people's lives, I can't think too deeply about what Tylers absence is doing to me.

Everyone around me seems happy, and It makes me happy to see my loved ones with smiles on their faces.

Even my mum seems brighter, always trying to hide a smile I can still see in her eyes. It's cute and I have a sneaking suspicion it might be because of her and James' renewed friendship.

"Earth to Liv. You there, girl?" I turn back to see Liv staring at me with expectant eyes from where she sits at the bed. I guess I was lost in thought while I brushed my hair for longer than I thought.

Shaking my head to clear my thoughts, I finally responded "Sorry K, did you ask something?"

"You really need to get that head checked out. Always deep in thought you are. Anyways, I was asking if you were coming over for dinner."

There's a slight grimace in my voice as I ask the question I really don't want to, "Will he be there?" As usual, she doesn't need me to clarify who 'he' is. She just knows. Sometimes I think she knows more about what happened between us than I do. After I told her what happened, she just nodded her head, muttered something under her breath that sounded like, "That dickhead really needs to sort himself out," and just understood what I needed and what I felt. It was strange.

"Not that I know of, I would never put you through hell without me suffering too. You know that Livvy." She pauses for a moment, looking like she was deciding whether to tell me more, but in the end she did. "He said he was out with Grace for the day, going into town apparently."

I'm not why the mention of Grace with Tyler bothers me so much. Yeah I'd seen them around school for the last of the year, but them going out together outside of school just feels different. The thoughts just bring me back to when I'd seen them in the living room watching a film, all huddled up and-

No.

I'm not going through that again. He's the asshole, and you had nothing to do with anything. You didn't make his act and do what he did. Not. Your. Fault.