Looking to Closely

Hey, y'all, how ya be?

So, my computer got hacked. That's why it's been awhile since you've heard from me. Luckily, it's been fixed and I bring you this short one shot of what happened when 3/4 of the Core Four returned to their universe.

Enjoy the chapter!

..................

This is a song about somebody else
So don't worry yourself, worry yourself
The devil's right there right there in the details
And you don't wanna hurt yourself, hurt yourself
Looking too closely
Looking too closely
Oh, no, no, no!
......

Alright. Fine. Conner would admit it. They were a little ignorant of just how hard it would be to convince the bats that Cass was dead. 

And he would also admit that he was extremely angry that none of them seemed to be effected by Tim's death at all. 

"What do you mean, she's dead?" Bruce Wayne, Mr. Batman himself, shouted, face red with anger. 

Cassie was not amused. "Exactly what I said. She's dead."

Dick stepped forward, tears in his eyes. None of them were sympathetic. "How?" 

Bart spoke next. "When we couldn't find Tim, when we realized he was really dead, she ran off. We went after her. When we found her, she was surrounded by assassins, taking all of them on. She beat them all, except one. That one, she let stab her in the chest." he shuddered. "We couldn't save her."

"Tt." Damian sighed, an odd look in his eyes.

"Get out." Wayne snapped, fingers clutching a batarang threateningly. 

Cassie scoffed, and Conner grabbed her hand, shaking his head slightly. 

"Bru-" Dick started, but was interrupted by his dad. 

"No. You're no longer welcome here. I want you out of my house. Out of Gotham."

"With pleasure." The three began to head out, and right before the left, Conner glanced back. 

"Wayne, you best start taking better care of your kids." He eyed Damian and Dick, and the corner where Jason was sulking quietly. "Who knows which one of them will be next."

He sped out before Wayne could reach him. 

...

They made their way to the next person, each filled with various feelings of nervousness. The next person on their list was one that nobody messed with. Ever. It would only end in a never-ending flurry of pain and suffering. 

They weren't exactly sure what to say to her. The truth? What they told the other bats? Either way, they knew she would not be thrilled. 

So they decided to vote on it. 

"We should tell her," Bart insisted. "she'll kill us if she finds out the truth." 

"Bats don't kill, Bart." Cassie said. 

Bart quirked an eyebrow. "You think that'll stop her? Besides, it won't be physically killing us, it'd be mentally. She'd torture us for centuries." 

Conner nodded. "He's got a point." 

"But Tim said to tell the bats he and Cass were dead. Oracle is a bat!" Cassie argued. 

"She's Oracle."