Reality, Letters, and Niall Horan

Chapter 20

The phone fell from my grasp, hitting the bus floor with a small thud. 

"Hello?" the nurses voice came faintly from the phone. 

It's negative. The results are negative. 

New show folks. 'Seventeen and Not Pregnant'

"Miss Gates?" the voice called. I picked up the phone, mumbling a small thank you. My mind was elsewhere, yet my legs were taking me to the boys sprawled all over the living room. Once again the phone fell from my grip, landing on the floor next to Liam's face. His eyes groggily opened and a yawn escaped his mouth. 

"What's wrong, love?" he muttered, shutting his eyes once again. 

"Scar?" Niall asked tiredly, sitting up from his position on the couch. "Are you okay?" 

Jeez, that boy has super sonic hearing. 

"Shut up, some people are trying to sleep here." Zayn grunted and flipped over so he was facing away from us. 

"It's negative." I somehow managed to say. Suddenly the fort came crashing down and Paul, Harry, and Louis popped out. 

"Did you just say what I think you said?" Louis questioned. 

"Lou, she said negative." Harry whispered, nudging the older boy. 

"She said negative." Liam spoke. 

"The results are negative?" 

"Negative?" 

"No baby?" 

"I'm not pregnant." I breathed. 

"Oh thank god." Niall sighed and pulled me into him. 

"So you're not going to get fat and be able to eat off your stomach?" Louis pouted. Paul hit the back of his head and joined the hug. Soon they all did, and we stood there hugging and happy crying. 

"I love you all. So, so much." I cried. 

---

"Miss." a small voice whispered. My body was jostled around. "Miss. Please wake up." 

"We have a name." a deeper voice said. "Scarlett Gates." 

"Isn't that Norman Gates daughter?" 

"Yes. He was just found earlier today. Suicide by hanging." the deeper voice explained. 

My eyes slowly opened. Everything was white and smelt like antibiotics.