Ch. 36

February 18th, 2021
Memphis, TN

Key's POV

I was walking back from the cafeteria with some chips, but I stopped once I overheard the nurses in Cali's room talking.

" I don't think she gone make it. I just don't know why they won't unplug ha." One nurse said as they both laughed.

" What the fuck you just say?" I said as I walked in leaving them standing there looking stupid.

" Umm, we di—" Before she could even finished I cut ha off.

" Get the fuck out. I want ha to have new nurses. Don't ever come back in here."

" Sir, you're not authorized to make requests like that. Because you aren't her family and you don't have power of attorney over her."

" Mane, bitch I'll—" Before I could cuss ha out good enough Omari and Erica walked in the room.

" Whatever he just requested fa, do it." Erica said as she mean mugged the nurses, as she walked over to Cali.

" And he is family. So whenever we ain't hea, and he request a change fa something regarding my daughter do it immediately. Or I'ma sue you and this hospital fa everything y'all got. Now, y'all can excuse y'all selves.." Omari said as he dismissed them.

" Yes, sir. Our apologies." They said before they walked out with that same dumb as look on their faces.

" My fault y'all. How y'all doing?" I asked as I dapped Omari up.

" We holding up. Well, at least we trying to. What bout chu?" He asked me.

I sighed, " Just tryna be strong fa AK and Cali, you know? But other than that, I'm straight fa the most part."

He nodded his head as we both looked at Erica and Cali. Erica stood by Cali's bedside just rubbing Cali's head in a back and forth motion as she just looked at Cali's face.

" What was all of dat about?" Erica asked me not taking her eyes off of Cali.

I shook my head deciding it was best not to repeat what they said, " They hella unprofessional, and I just feel like Cali need better nurses who gone make sure she getting the best care possible."

" I'ma transfer to this hospital just to become her nurse." Erica said.

" Baby, ion think you in the right mind frame to care fa ha. I think it's best if we just let the—" Before Omari could finish Erica quickly cut him off.

" I'll be damned if I sit back, and watch these m'fers not properly care for my child. I'ma RN myself, so I know what it's look like when you're nurses are taking care of you properly, and obviously they aren't giving her the care she needs." She said looking up at Omari.

" Baby, I agree withchu. But like I said ion think you in the right mind frame to take care of her. You're stressed out and sleep deprived. So how about we sit down with some nurses hea, and ask em a few questions, and you choose a nurse who you feel is the best nurse fa ha. Ok?" Omari suggested.

Erica stood there thinking about it fa a minute before she she agreed, " Fine, but once she get outta hea and go home, I'll be ha nurse."

" And Markeyvius?"

" Ma'am?" I asked looking at Erica.

" Meika told me when you go by ha house. You only go to shower, and to check up on ha and A'Kyrie, and then you back out da door. Is dat true?"