Chapter Fourteen: Typecasting

********************"Hey, Hottie

"Hey, Hottie." EJ's flirtatious tone sparked my curiosity. I turn around, wondering who he's talking to—only to be met with him smirking in my direction.

"You, Bianca!" He grins, approaching me in the hall.

My brows furrow, taken aback, "Are you flirting with me, or being sarcastic because you hate my hair?"

Confusion and shock cross his face, "First of all, I love your hair. Secondly, I forgot about this side of you that needs constant reassurance."

I glance over uncomfortably, then huff a laugh, "Sorry we haven't really talked since the party. And I'm sorry that Carlos and Seb dragged me away when you tried to take me home. My parents don't like me out late." I sarcastically remark, referring to Carlos & Seb.

He waves it off, "It's fine, no worries. I want to apologize," He paused, causing me to tilt my head in curiosity.

"How I've been acting with you lately, including that horrible greeting.." He trails in embarrassment, huffing a laugh.

"It's okay. It was nice to hear you call me hot again." I tease, and we share a light laugh.

"You know," EJ starts, "I noticed you stopped liking me, almost completely, after Homecoming, and I kinda panicked. I realized that we're over completely."

I cross my arms, "Why did that freak you out?"

He shrugs, taking a deep breath, "I'm graduating, everything's changing. I feel 50 years older."

"EJ, our conversation on Thanksgiving was really healing for me. I got closure from you, so.. if that's what you want from me then-" I suggest.

"No, no," He blurts, "I've moved on, don't worry about it. I was trying to cling onto the past, and trying to bring you with me, all while you were starting fresh. I'm so sorry, Bianca." He sincerely apologizes.

I smile, "Thank you, EJ. I forgive you."

He opens his arms out, insinuating a hug, with a sweet smile. I return the smile and his embrace.

"EJ," I start, pulling away, "No matter how much we change, I'll always be here for you. I'll always be the one person in your life who you can go to when you make horrible decisions."

My remark elicits a laugh from him, one that has him shaking his head, causing me to chuckle.

"Yeah," EJ agrees, "Can I ask you something, then?"

I nod, "Yeah,"

"Why did you run away at Homecoming, after I kissed you?"

"I didn't feel the fireworks with you anymore, and it scared me." I answer honestly.

"Hm," He shakes his head in understanding, "You've always been a horrible liar, so you always have no choice but to be the one who tells the brutal truth, huh?"