- ; [ 009 ]

"Hey, Laura...where does Duke Ergi currently reside in?" you tap on Laura's shoulder, clad in clothes fit for men (from society's standards atleast. But hey, you liked to promote uniqueness.)

"I believe he's at the South Palace with Prince Heinley, My Lady. But...why do you ask? Are you planning on something mischievous again? Could I join you? I hope you know it's only been two days since Duke has arrived, so perhaps we should give him some time to settle down." she eagerly asks, stars gleaming in her eyes.

You chuckle and shake your head, "My, of course not Laura. Duke Ergi just piques my interest."

The Lady-In-Waiting frowns, "That's what you always say!" she huffs and stomps away, carrying a tray of snacks for the Empress and the rest of the Ladies-In-Waiting.

Truly, you wanted to bring her in your endeavors. She was a fun gal, but when people discover that you've been messing around the castle with her, her reputation will surely tarnish. It was only for her own benefit that you were making up half-lies.

You call one of the maids nearby, "Good evening, dear." you purr. "could you call Duke Ergi to the west Garden, please? I've heard of him arriving just two days from now, so I'd like to...give him a warm welcome." you give her a misleading wink that brings a blossom of blush to her cheeks.

"O-of course, My Lady." She bows and rushes away, most Likely to Rashta's quarters where he would hopefully be. If your guess proves right, then you'd get to see Rashta frustrated as she watches you and the Duke happily chatting away in the Garden just within sight of her room.

No doubt she'd be protective over someone like the Duke. He's one of the handful of people who treat her 'nicely' anyway.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Duke Claude, Lady ( y/n ) has requested to see you in the West Garden. She has something she wishes to...discuss." the maid states, as politely as she could possibly make it sound.

Rashta frowns at your name, arms crossing as she sinks further into her seat like a whining child would.

Ergi raises an eyebrow in confusion, hesitantly nodding before standing up. Heinley Hadn't told him anything about a woman named ( y/n ), so hearing that she suddenly requests to see him did make him a tiny bit anxious.

The two leave the room, closing the door behind them with a click.

Rashta makes a noise of irritation before rushing out to her balcony to get a closer view on you and the Royal Duke. She dislikes you, quite a lot more than she has despised anyone. You always insulted her and embarrassed her (by stating her lies aloud) and Navier on the other hand didn't do anything awful even if she was the Empress. So, if she were to choose, she'd rather be with Navier than be alone with you.

The silverette watches you relax and sip on a glass of wine in the middle of the garden from a window, dressed in clothes the same way Grand Dukes would be dressed in. Her frown deepens even further when the Duke walks into the garden, the maid leaving as he takes his time to walk towards the chair opposite to where you sat.

-----------

"Ah, the all famous Grand Duke Ergi!" you grin and wave at him, swirling the glass of freshly made wine in your hands.

He greets you with a smile, but the awkwardness in his eyes block it's way from reaching them. "Lady ( y/n )." he speaks your name like it is alien, and he wishes his memory serves him right and prays that he doesn't say a different name to yours.