61-The Apprentice of Darth Vader

2k words
It's a bit shorter, but I got a little busy today, and I still kind of am but I wanted to give you something!
I'll also post another short update either tomorrow or Friday to make up for it (:
༻✦༺

(Y/n)'s POV
It doesn't make any sense.

I know I don't have a broad view of the galaxy, and my knowledge regarding planets, systems, and species is near non-existent. That's what happens when you grow up in an isolated box.

With that being said; even I know that what I'm seeing right now is highly unlikely - borderline confusing actually.

"What do you mean we're not alone?" My husband asked quietly as my eyes stayed locked in a staring contest with what I can only describe as a Rancor. I only know this because I've seen one on Tatooine before; which is where they reside, other than Dathomir and Felucia.

"I-," I paused as I tilted my head, and it tilted its head with me; almost as if it was as curious about me as I am of it, "I think it's a Rancor." I spoke with uncertainty.

"On Naboo?" He exclaimed in surprise a little too loud, and I smacked him on his chest to silence him before he upset or startled it, "What was that for?" He asked in annoyance, but at least his voice was now close to a whisper.

Without looking away from the Rancor, I spoke, "You were being loud, and I don't want to disturb it; I don't think it means any harm."  I told him just as the Rancor looked away from me, and went back to doing whatever it was doing before it took notice to us. It was over fifteen feet away, and looked like it was digging through the dirt.

"It's a Rancor (y/n)," Anakin scoffed as he attempted to move me off of him, "Move so I can kill it."

I placed my hand on his neck and pushed him back down onto the picnic blanket, "You will do no such thing," I chided, "It's minding its own business, as will we."

He knitted his brows together with a look of disbelief, as if he was surprised by my choice to argue with him over this, "No, I'm going to go over there and see if I can figure out what that disgusting thing is doing on this planet, and then I'm going to kill it." He argued back sternly, "At least before it decides to come and attempt to have us for dinner." He grabbed my hips and pushed me to the side so I was no longer straddling him.

"Anakin," I growled in annoyance when he got up, and began walking towards the creature that was oblivious to how close we were getting, "There's no need to harm it, you and I both know that Rancor's aren't inherently vicious; if it hasn't attacked us by now then it won't." I followed behind him as he got closer.

Despite how horrifying they look; they're actually quite benign, and if they're violent, it's usually because they were provoked. At least, that's what Shmi told me many years ago when we came across one.

Of course Anakin ignored me as he approached the creature, which then stood up fully and towered over us both with a height of nearly ten feet, which isn't the tallest it can get; leading me to believe that this one is young. It also didn't seem disturbed by our proximity, nor did it appear angry - it merely looked curious.

"Are you seeing what I'm seeing?" I asked Ani as I eyed a silver material wrapped around the Rancor's neck that I hadn't noticed till I got closer.

I saw him nod from my peripheral vision, "I guess this explains what it's doing here."

"Hey get away from her!"