| sixteen ; jeju island preparation

the shadow in the light

chapter sixteen; jeju island preparation

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

"i saw home in your eyes, and I found love in your smile"

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

"what?! a patient with eternal slumber has woken up?! this is unprecedented!"

"the patient's guardian is requesting for immediate discharge from the hospital...what do we do?"

"no, not a chance! not only is she unstable, but she's also been asleep for four years! she wouldn't even be able to walk!"

"well...the state of the patient is all perfectly normal. it's as if the patient wasn't asleep for four years. there's no problem with her current health and she can even walk on her own."

"are you saying that she's in good shape despite being asleep for four years?"

"maybe it's because of the life support machine?"

"hmm, even so, getting discharged this early is a separate issue. we must let the world know about this case."

"i said the same exact thing to the guardian but it didn't work. he's no ordinary man."

"the guardian?"

"have you heard of hunter sung jin-woo, he recently became korea's eleventh s-rank hunter. hunter y/n was with him too."

"hunter y/n?! ah...we can't hold onto healthy patients against their will. we should let her get discharged..."

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

y/n watched with a smile as jin-woo's little sister, jin-ah, reunited with her mother.

"my daughter is all grown up," kyung-hye whispered while jin-ah looked at her with tears rolling down her cheeks.

"mom...!" jin-ah embraced her mother tightly, letting her emotions take control.

my efforts were not in vain. it feels like all my troubles until now were leading up to reward me with this moment. jin-woo thought to himself.

but while working as a hunter, i wonder if i distanced myself too much. uneasiness is taking over me.

just then, jin-woo felt a hand intertwining with his. he gently smiled before looking at y/n and giving a light squeeze to her hand.

y/n looked up at him and gave him a smile. jin-woo felt warmth spread throughout his chest as he looked at the hunter he eventually learned to like.

though there is uneasiness, i know y/n will always make it go away with just a simple smile. she'll bring me back from the edge that i grow dangerously close to.

eventually, jin-woo and y/n left the room to allow jin-ah and her mother to reunite with each other more.

he sat down on the bench, dragging y/n down to sit next to him with a smile. jin-woo checked his phone and immediately he was greeted by a scary amount of missed calls and messages.