14| Naughty Boy

Chapter 14: Naughty Boy

"Ashton?"

"Maddie?" He replied with equal charisma, a smirk playing on his lips.

Standing in the middle of my living room with the hottest guy with nothing but a towel on...

And of course, who can forget the trusted frying pan...

"When are you ever not trying to kill me," he joked, referencing the last time I'd taken a baseball bat to nearly attack him.

"W-what are you doing in my apartment?" I asked, my mind filled with questions.

"You weren't at the party," he said like that explained anything. "Angie gave me the keys."

"I thought I made it clear I wasn't coming," I said.

"Which is why I decided to bring the party to you."

I turned around, walking back to the kitchen to drop my weapon. Ashton followed, clearly enjoying himself.

"I need to get dressed," I said.

"I like what you have on," he joked but that didn't stop his eyes from roaming across my very wet body.

Was he... Checking me out?

"Perv," I mumbled and he chuckled at that.

I passed him some brownies which he accepted, taking a bite out of it.

"You should go back, everyone will notice you aren't at the party," I said.

"I don't care."

His words sounded assertive, like he actually didn't give an ass about the party. People like Ashton didn't play by the rules, they made them.

He leaned against the countertop, flexing his muscles which did not leave me with butterflies in my stomach, especially just thinking of how close we were.

"Coffee?" I asked.

He nodded, his sea blue eyes staring at me. I swallowed down a knot as I turned on the coffee machine.

"So... Do you do this all the time? Skip parties."

"Not often."

Because I hardly get invited to parties.

"How 'bout running around with a towel? Do you do that often?" He chuckled.

"Excuse me for thinking an intruder had broken into my house." I sneered.

He ran a hand through his silky black hair, a grin still spread across his lips.

"I'm sure all those hormonal girls at the party will be missing you," I said.

"You make it sound like you're not one of them."

I laughed, trying to hide the uneasiness in my voice. "We're just friends, Ashton."

He leaned forward, too close for comfort, pressing me against the countertop with a smirk on his face.

My cheeks flushed red, stomach churning with uneasiness as I fought back everything in me wanting to grab this handsome jerk by the shirt and kiss him.

He placed his hand against my sides, holding the countertop, as he began leaning forward. A move which forced me to leap unto the counter and sit but Ashton wasn't done with torturing me.

He stood between my thighs, so close I could feel his breath against my skin.

"So you were saying something about hormonal girls." He grinned, knowing fully well the effect he had on me, on every girl.