Chapter 24

Previously on Chapter 23

"First we need to learn water... then earth and fire" Aang said. "We have to go to the Northern Water Tribe as soon as we can to start learning the water element..." I said. "She's right. We have no room for mistakes. The whole world is counting on us..." Aang said. Katara and Sokka nods in agreement.

-First Water-bending Lesson-

Y/N P.O.V

We're currently flying on Appa's back. Sokka is the one holding his reign. I'm sitting with my back on the cushion, next to Katara. I'm watching my twin brother, as he walks in circle.

"Sit down, Aang... you're going to fall off" I said. He scratch his head in frustration and take a seat. "What is bugging you anyway?" Sokka said. "I told you! It's what Avatar Roku said! Y/N and I are suppose to master all four elements before the comet arrive!" He said.

"You need to calm down. You still have time. Look at your sister... she's perfectly calm" he said, pointing at me. "Hey! Don't drag me into this! And for your information... I'm panicking! I just didn't show it..." I said.

"If you two want... I can teach the two of you a few water-bending movements I master..." Katara said. "Cool! Of course, we'd love to! Right, Aang?" I said. He nods his head, grinning excitedly.

"Okay... first we need to find a good water source..." Katara said, looking down over Appa's saddle. I look down as well. My eyes landed on one. "What about there?" I asked, pointing at what I saw. Katara turns her head to look at where I'm pointing.

"That's perfect!" She said. Sokka urges Appa to land there. He lands straight on the water, getting Sokka soaked in the process. I let out a laugh at his current state.

"Hey! Don't start without me, buddy!" Aang said. He quickly starts to strip. "Aang... did you forget why we came here?" I said, placing my hands on my hip. He turns to me and laughs nervously, as Katara crosses her arms across her chest. She stares at Aang with a stern expression.

"Oh right... sorry..." he said. He quickly put on his clothes. "Great... what am I going to do while the three of you plays around with the water?" Sokka said.

"You can take out muds from Appa's fingers..." Aang said, picking up a branch with leaves on top of it. "So that's what I'm going to do while you guys are having fun? Picking out muds?" He complained. "Muds and bugs" Aang added. "Fine" he said, taking the branch from Aang.

Katara stands in between us. As Aang sits down on the ground while I just stand there, waiting for her to give us the water-bending technique she mastered. I am kind of excited to know what she'll teach us.

"Alright, the first one is pretty basic. But it still took me months to perfect. So don't be frustrated if you don't get it right the first time..." she said. She turns her attention to the water in front of us.

"Just push and pull the water like this. The key is getting the wrists movements right" she said, as she starts to demonstrate. "So... like this?" I said. Aang stands up and tries it too.

"That's almost right... a few more tries I'm sure you two will get it right..." she said. "Hey! I'm bending it already!" Aang said. "Me too!!" I said, excitedly as I watch the water moving along with my hands.

"Wow... I can't believe you two got that so quickly. It took me two months to perfect that move..." Katara said. "Well you have to figure it all out on your own" Aang said. "Yeah... Aang and I are lucky enough to have a great teacher" I said. "Thanks..." she said with a smile, making me smile at her.

"So... what's next?" I asked. "This is a more difficult. I call it streaming the water. It's harder than it looks, so... don't be disappointed if-" she stops mid-talk as she notices what Aang is doing. While I just calmly streaming the water around.

Katara drops her water, while I just let my water flow back to the river. I turn to look at Katara to see her with a straight face. "Nice work... though over-the-head flair was unnecessary..." she said. I let out a soft giggle at her reaction. That's my brother for you, Katara.

"Sorry. Well... don't stop now! Keep 'em coming!" Aang said. "Well... I kind of know this other move. But it's pretty hard. I haven't even totally figure it out yet. The idea is to create a powerful wave" she said. She tries to bend the water, but I can see her struggling a little. Eventually, she give up as she let out a heavy breathe.

"So... like this?" Aang said. He raise his hand and a huge wave starts to form. I follow him and create a second giant wave. "Aang! Y/N!!" Sokka yelled as the wave hits him.

I cover my mouth with my hands. "Oops! Sorry!!" I said, laughing softly. Sokka's head pops out of the water as he stares at us with annoyed face. I let out a giggle and wave nervously at him.

"Looks like we got the hang of that one. What's next you got?" Aang said. "That's enough practicing for today..." Katara said. I can sense the annoyance from her. So I decided to just stay silent.

"Yeah! I'll say you just practiced our supplies down the river" Sokka said, looking annoyed. "Oh... sorry" Aang said. "Hey, I'm sure we can find somewhere to replace all these stuff?" I said. Sokka gave us a look of unamused. "It was hard enough when the two of you were just air-benders..." he said, sinking himself into the water once again.

Time-skip

We reach a small village to get the supplies for our next trip. As we walk through the village, I can see a bunch of scary and tough looking men. l/n is sitting on my shoulder as we walk.

I'm standing by a stand with Katara and Aang. Sokka is inside the shop. "I wonder how long we're going to do this... I can't wait for the war to end..." I said. "I'm sure we'll be able to stop it, Y/N..." Katara said. She have a smile on her face. I smile back at her.

Sokka walks out of the shop. "We only have 3 copper pieces... we need to be more selective on how we are going to spend them..." he said. Aang stands up and looks nervous.

"Um... make that 2 copper pieces! I couldn't resist this whistle" he said, taking out a bison shaped whistle. He take a deep breath and blows on it. I quickly cover my ears, but there's no sound.

Momo and l/n chitters angrily at him. "Even Momo and l/n thinks it's a piece of junk" Sokka said, with an angry expression. "I'll hold the money from now on, Aang..." Katara said, holding out her hand. Aang hands her the moneys.

Aang looks upset as Katara and Sokka walks ahead of us. I walk towards him and pat his shoulder. "I'm sure the whistle works for something... don't worry, Aang..." I said, smiling softly at him. "Thanks, Y/N" he said, giving me a small smile. Then we follow the others.

*to be continued*