Chapter 13

(Y/N) finds herself within a dark space, surrounded by the brilliant stars of the galaxy. If her past experiences in the realm of dreaming have taught her anything, it's that someone is waiting in here.

"Why does this always happen?" (Y/N) groans to herself.

She looks around, trying to make out any shapes or objects present within the world surrounding her. From where she is standing, the place appears empty; completely void of life. In her heart, however, she can feel someone nearby.

"(Y/N)," a voice calls.

She turns her head, searching for the source of the voice echoing through the abyss. She is in a dream, she knows this, but her past experiences have proven that the dream realm can connect to the real world. She has experienced this too many times, through warnings, visions, and apparitions of the past.

Knowing how lucid dreams of hers have ended in the past, (Y/N) prepares herself. She conjures her lightsaber to her hand and ignites it readily. The brilliant, blue blade does not succeed in brightening the darkness, but it does make her feel safer.

"Show yourself," (Y/N) demands.

If her previous dreams have taught her anything, it is to be cautious of what is said and done. A seemingly innocent vision has the potential to shrink the galaxy to an atom.

This dream, however, does not have the same, warning feeling as some she has felt before. Despite having her guard up, she does not believe she will need to protect her mind in this instance.

When she turns back around, she notices a figure perched before her on what appears to be a moss-covered rock. His frail, green figure leans against a small, wooden cane, and his mouth turns up into a slight smile.

"Master Yoda," She says softly.

"Surprised to see me, are you?"

Surprised would be an understatement. (Y/N) is one of the few people in the galaxy who is aware of his survival. That being said, they agreed on the night that Luke and Leia were separated to never communicate with each other on any level, that is unless the time had come.

"I don't understand," She voices. "I am not connected to the Force anymore. This shouldn't be possible."

There has been one instance in the past eighteen years where (Y/N) has reconnected to the Force. That instance was when she felt Anakin's presence on Malachor; it was a rush strong enough to let her feel his soul from the other side of the galaxy.

Her rush of power disappeared almost as quickly as it had appeared in her veins. Despite her countless efforts to reconnect to the Force in the years since (Y/N) has had no luck.

"Fully lost your power, you have not. Afraid, you are," Master Yoda voices.

Master Yoda's advice can often come across as cryptic, but there is always a message hidden within. The message in this instance is that (Y/N) is blocking herself from the Force; not that she cannot wield it.

It is a certainty that she is not as powerful as she used to be with Anakin at her side. Not being as strong, however, does not mean she has lost her own strength.

"We made a promise," (Y/N) starts, taking a small breath. "You said we must not make contact again."

"Until right, the time was," he reminds her.

(Y/N)'s mind clicks into focus, making her feel as though she is experiencing this vision within the real world. The time is right... the power of the light side of the Force has regained its strength.