Chapter 60

"Where are we supposed to sleep?" Corey asked, earning a glance from Sean as he was going to say something but I quickly glared at him, making him shut his mouth.

"Who said anything about sleep?" I joked, laughing but stopping because of the sudden pain that tore through my body.

"You are sick, you literally almost died you're getting an insane amount of sleep" Ethan said, glaring at me.

"Shut up, look at me! I'm alive and well!" I yelled, my throat stinging from the action but I didn't show it.

"Try and lift your leg for me" he sternly demanded, making my cheeks flush in embarrassment as Sean spit the water he was drinking out.

I tried to do it my muscles refused to cooperate so I looked like an idiot during the whole process.

"Thought so now don't argue with me"

"Jerk" I mumbled, crossing my arms and looking away since I couldn't get up and walk away.

"Come on Jane let's play a game or something" Beth suggested, earning enthusiastic nods from Corey.

"I'm not playing anything unless Ethan apologizes" I complained, looking at Ethan from the corner of my eyes as he rolled his.

"Apologize for what? Being right?" he said, shaking his head in disbelief and annoyance.

"Don't give me any of the attitude Ethan Jameson I am sick" I playfully yelled although my face remained serious.

"So now you wanna admit you're sick miss Jane Grayson" he retorted, inching closer to me.

"You know what, let's just leave" my mom whispered, getting up and dragging my dad away.

"What? No I haven't seen you guys in so long!" I said, frowning and looking at them.

"Of course dear but you'll be coming back home and we'll see you everyday and we'll come visit everyday and we want you to have fun with your friends" she reasoned, looking nervous as she dragged my silent father along with her.

"See! You made my parents leave!" I yelled at Ethan, making him roll his eyes.

"You're really bored aren't you" he said, crossing his arms and raising his brow at me.

"Yup" I replied, my serious face turning to a smile.

"I thought you guys were actually fighting, I was happy thinking I'd have an excuse to punch this man across the face" Sean mumbled, earning a glare from both me and Ethan.

"Well I don't need an excuse to break your nose" Ethan retorted, taking a couple of steps towards my brother as I rolled my eyes.

"Stop it! I will get up and beat the two of you" I threatened, glaring at them.

"Of course darling as if you can walk" Ethan teased, playfully rolling his eyes.

"Let's put that to the test, we're in the hospital anyway" I said, using my arms to lift me up before Brandon put both his hands on my shoulders.

"Woah woah I don't want to spend the night at the police station, again" Brandon said, sternly looking at us.

"Seriously? That's what you're worried about?" Beth asked, crossing her arms and rolling her eyes.

What's with everyone and the sass today?

"Of course that's what I'm worried about I will not be making it as a chemical engineer if my record says I've been at the police station like 70 times" he retorted, spreading his arms in a matter-of-fact my way.