Prolouge

(??? POV)

It's funny. How, almost every kid with a quirk here in Japan, always wanna be a hero. We always dream of being number one. Hehe, I remember, in grade school there was this boy, who always looked up to heros like All Might. Some kids looked up to Endeavor, Midnight, Hawks, Mirko, Ryukyu... so many heros. You'd feel safe with all these people willing to protect you... if there weren't more people who would want to kill you.

I... don't think I ever wanted to be a hero growing up? But I never wanted to be a villain, or a vigilante. Rather, I wanted to draw, that's all I used to do. Draw.

I drew cars, buildings, toys in my room, animals and monsters. That was when my quirk came in.

----

??? POV

Age 5.

I was coming home from the doctor's, where they told my Mom that, I had a quirk, but well, they had no clue what it was. My sister and I were Late bloomers, as my sister, Yaoyorozu Momo, had figured out her quirk is practically creating/summoning objects from her stomach, to put it very lightly. So, while her and I tested her powers, I waited for mine.

I waited... and waited... and waited... but, it never revealed itself to us. I was, broken up to say the least. It was bad enough last year that I thought I was quirkless... and I didn't want to go through that again.

No one's POV

(Three days later)

Y/n was seen crying in his room, sitting curled up on the floor against his bed. Outside the room, a young Momo is seen pressing her ear against her brother's door. She could hear the silent sniffs from the other side of the door.

Momo: *thoughts* I... I have to do something! He doesn't deserve this, what can I do? Wait, I know what could cheer him up!

Momo then lifts her dress a bit and creates a purple leather journal. She smiles at the journal before knocking on the door. The crying gets quieter as a few seconds go by before Y/n speaks up.

Y/n: *sniff* Y-Yes?

Momo: Y/n? It's me, is it okay I could come in? I got you something!

Y/n: Um... sure, let me unlock it!

The sound of feet running across the carpet is heard from the room, before the door suddenly opens. Y/n is still seen trying to wipe some tear stains off his cheeks as he tries to look, well, not sad.

Y/n looks down at the journal, and raises an eyebrow. Momo, worried that he may not like it, explains the gift as she hands it to him.

Momo: Um, I heard you lost your drawing pad at school, and I wanted to make you a new one. I even made it so you could unclip pages out like a binder, and if you ever need more pages, you could just add some! It's basically unlimited! You could draw in it forever!

Y/n traces his hands across the large leather cover, as he feels the Dragon-like emblem. The boy wipes some upcoming tears with his sleeves before hugging his twin.

Y/n: Thanks Moo...

Momo chuckles at the nickname before hugging him back. The two separate as she then points to his desk.

Momo: Well why don't you test it out? See if you're happy with drawing with it.

Y/n: It has a cool dragon on it! Of course I will be happy drawing in it!

The boy picked up a pen, and began to draw a dog the best he could. It was a rough picture, but to draw in that book, it felt amazing. A smooth, and natural experience, his hand and wrist didn't ache. Over time, he felt himself get better at drawing, and his creativity and imagination flourish. And that's when... he discovered it.