Chapter 1

Age 10…

Y/n is seen with Grim sitting on his lap, playing chess with Momo. It's been 5 years since Y/n had first discovered his powers. Recently his father had banned him from drawing in private, and is only allowed to draw at 5pm, when both his parents are home to supervise him. So, to pass more time, he's just been playing video games, reading books, and playing chess with his sister.

Momo moved her queen, putting him in check. Before Y/n could make his next move, they hear a knock on their door. Y/n looks at momo, who simply shrugs, and gets up and walks over to the door. Y/n opens the door to see the Head Maid Ms. Yuki.  She was a 5''11' woman with long brown hair. 

She bowed to her young masters before speaking

Ms. Yuki: Master Y/n, your mother has requested for me to take you grocery shopping with me.

Y/n: What? Why?

The children's mother suddenly walks in. She had long black hair, and was almost identical to her daughter. However, Y/n did have her eyes.

M/n: Unfortunately I'm too busy to take you myself, but… 

She gives him two hundred dollars.

M/n: I found out the shop by the grocery store, has a bunch of drawing tablets, and I thought if you could buy one, we no longer have to restrict your art time.

Y/n: Mom, this is a lot of money are you sure??

The woman smiles at him.

M/n: Yes I'm sure. You deserve it Y/n, now Momo can you come with me? I want to ask you something in private.

Y/n looks at her sister who looked really confused right now.

Momo: Um… sure?

Y/n grabs his coat, as Grim follows Y/n.

Ms.Yuki: Um, Y/n? Your friend?

Y/n: Oh! Right, sorry! 

Y/n grabs a post-it note and places it on Grim's forehead. The small dragon glows before vanishing, as the small dragon drawing is now seen on the paper.

Ms. Yuki: Huh. It's like a pokéball?

Y/n: Yeah! I learned it after Grim tripped onto my notebook.

Ms. Yuki giggled as the two made their way out of the mansion. As they exited, Momo looked at her mother who sat down on Y/n's bed. 

Momo: What did you wanna tell me mom?

M/n: Well, I know how close you are to your brother. I was wondering if you could help me with something. I'm afraid… I haven't been the best mother recently. Been on too many business trips, constantly limiting my own son's creativity… and even took away a normal school life. I… I don't know how to make it up to him. So… I wanted to plan a party for his birthday. And to tell him the good news, I'll be working from home now.