Chapter 8: King's Meeting

(Y/N)'s POV
A knock soon came upon my door and I quickly opened it. Sir Haru was standing right before me. He said " i hope you are ready". "Yes, I am, Haru" I replied cheerfully.

He narrowed his eyes at me sharply and scoffed. "What did you just call me?" He asked spitefully. "Um...I mean..Sir Haru" I quickly said.

"Thats better, now follow me" he said and turned around. He knocked on Maria's door and she came out immediately.

"Hello! I hope that we can be friends since we're working together" I said and gave a smile. She just rolled her eyes at me amd turned her head to Haru.

"Ill never be friends with a poor peasant like you. It'll be so much better if you just got fired" she said. I just lowered down my head and continue walking.

"Ill be laying some important rules for you when you meet the king. First, never ever speak first. Secondly, don't speak in a casual manner, instead, speaks properly. Thirdly, speak in a soft and polite tone. Don't shout or wail. Those are the basic rules, so I hope you understand" he said as well reached a door with golden plated handles.

"Permission to come in, Your Majesty"   Haru said. "Permission granted" a voice said from the other side of the door.

Haru opened the door and gestured us to go in. We went in and he closed the door. "I want some privacy with the two shoemakers, please" the voice comtinued to say.

The guards and Haru immediately left the room. I looked around the room and took note of it.

The walls were a deep azure blue with sea flowers painted on them. The chairs and tables were made of fine wood. The floor was made of marble and the sound of shoes could be heard if you listen closely. There was also a blue carpet in the middle of the room with The Heart's Empire logo on it. It goes well with the colour of the walls.

"Its so beautiful..." I said, astonished. "I'm glad you liked it" the voice said. I turned around and saw a blonde haired man with black eyes sitting on a velvet chair. He was also wearing a crown with a heart-shaped ruby engraved in it.

"Please, have a sit" he said. I took the left seat and sat on it, seiza-style. Maria sat down and the blonde haired man began to speak once again.

"I must say, both of you did and amazing job at creating those shoes. What are your names, if I may ask?" He said while a maid poured us some tea.

"My name is Maria Dencia, Your Majesty" she said with a smile. "My name is (Y/N) (L/N), Your Majesty" i said politely and bowed my head slightly.

"I see, well, Maria, you certainly picked the best materials to craft your shoes with and I love the pattern of your shoes. Meanwhile, (Y/N), you have a talent in shoemaking. The flower embroideries you made in the shoes are beautiful. Did you pick the colour randomly?" He asked.

"No, your majesty. I picked the color red because it symbolizes bravery, strength and luck" I said.

"Ah, wise decision" he said. "What about you, Maria? Did you choose the colour of the little birds randomly?" The king asked.

"Um...n-no! I picked yellow because it symbolizes..um...spirituality, luxury, and wisdom?" She said with a high pitch at the end. Her hands were shaking, indicating that she's nervous.

"That is not the meaning of the colour yellow. The colour you just described was Violet" the kind said emotionlessly.

"Oh well, I will not bother about that. Please, enjoy the food that are prepared" he said with a sigh.

He began to eat, so I did too. While we were eating halfway, his majesty spoke yet again.

"There will be a banquet held at my private beach the next week. I want both of you to craft a sea-themed shoes. You have 5 days to complete it. Is that alright?" He asked and looked at us.

"Huh? Oh! Of course it's alright, Your Majesty. I will get it done by the deadline" I replied. "Yes, I too will  finish the shoes by the deadline, your majesty." Maria said.

"Alright then, both of you are excused" he said and we stood up. "Thank you for the tea, your Majesty" I said and bowed down. Maria bowed together with me.

He nodded and a guard opened the door from the ouside for us. Me and Maria walked out and sighed deeply.
'That was not as bad as I thought...' I thought.

"Good job for not angering the king. Now, ill be guiding both of you back to your quarters. I believe both of you have tasks to complete" Haru said as he began walking.

We finally managed to reach back to our rooms. I opened my door and quickly jumped on the bed. Another knock came on my door and I opened it.

"By the way, here's the money...see you later, (Y/N)" he said and handed me a pouch. I untied I and there was a lot of golden coins shining in the pouch.

I happily swing the pouch around and nearly dropped it. I immediately opened the safe and put the pouch in there. 'Itll be safe in there' i thought and closed it.

'Today is Friday...I'll have to buy materials for the shoes tomorrow...ill just brainstorm and sketch some ideas for now" I thought and sat down on a chair.