Chapter 7

Ryujin looks at her wife's hand that's holding the coffee cup, focusing on the ring finger where their wedding band is.

She swallows a lump in her throat as she concentrates, narrowing her eyes to further feel the forces surrounding her.

When it felt right, she pulled her ring finger, waiting to see if there's any motion on her wife's.

There was none.

So she tugs again, and again, and again.

Still nothing.

Her heart drops.

Why can't it be her wife?

"Boo, are you even listening to me?"

"Huh?" Ryujin blinks, seeing her wife's hand waving in front of her face. "Yeah?"

"Are you okay? Is there something on my hand?" Yuri checks her hand.

"No. I just... I'm just looking at our wedding ring..." Ryujin takes her wife's hand and rubs her fingers on their wedding band.

Yuri smiles. "You silly monkey."

"By the way, what time are you supposed to go in?"

"In a few." Yuri checks her wristwatch. "Why? Are you excited I'll be gone for three days for an international flight?"

"No. I'm simply reminding you because last time we stayed in this coffee shop, we forgot the time. You were almost late, remember?"

Yuri chuckles. "Anyway, I was talking about the investment venture I'm planning to get into. I may set a meeting by the end of the week to discuss it, maybe during my off. Would you like to join?"

"Hmm. I'll think about it. Financial talks always make me dizzy."

Yuri hums and fixes her bag. "Anyway, I gotta go." She stands up. Ryujin follows. "You be good, okay?"

"I am always good, boo." Ryujin pulls her wife into a hug. "Call me when you land, okay? I love you."

"I surely will. I love you too." Yuri pulls back. "No take-outs or noodles, okay? I told Chaeyoung to make sure to feed you with edible foods only."

Ryujin chuckles as she helps her wife pull out her suitcase.

An announcement echoes in the airport, making Yuri sigh.

"I have to go now, boo." Yuri leans in for a quick cheek kiss. "I'll call you."

"I love you." Ryujin waves a hand as she watches her wife walk away with the suitcase rolling on her side.

Yuri gives her one last look and mouths 'I love you too'.

---

"Hmm. Red Rope seems to be getting a lot of traction, huh?" Chaeyoung says. "Have you read all the comments?"

Ryujin shakes her head, busy playing on her phone, sitting with feet propped on the desk. "Too many to read."

"You should, they are hilarious. And they keep saying Julia is pretty."

"Yup. She sure is."

"But there's one weird comment here, Ryu. Take a look..." Chaeyoung flaps her hand, beckoning Ryujin to come closer.

"I'm busy, Chaeyoung-ah. I'm in the middle of a fight."

Chaeyoung grunts. "The comment says, 'Should I call you Gilda? Deena? Julia?'."

"Holy schnikes!" Ryujin drops her phone, scrambling off her chair, and crawling towards her friend. "Who's that?"

"Hmm. The username is choiji. And she left other weird comments like time, date, and place. No one seems to notice it because it's so out of context, like spam."

"Wait. Let me see that." Ryujin kneels in front of the desk and takes control of the mouse. "She left the message a few days ago. The date is today. And the place... Schi​​ndlee's Café... I know this café... so we live in the same city all this time?"

"She? You know the bish?"

"Don't call her that!" Ryujin smacks her friend. "This is Julia! The real Julia! My soulmate! And she left a message, so we can meet up!"

"Holy shitting cow!" Chaeyoung covers her mouth. "Wait! She says five in the afternoon. It's freaking four-fifteen already, bish!"

"Yah! I'm on it!" Ryujin heads to the door and puts on a coat.

"Wait. What about your wife? Aren't you supposed to pick her up?"

"She went straight to meet up with the financial advisor she hired after she landed. I'll pick her up once the meeting's over."

"Oookay. Just don't do anything stupid. Just meet up. No fucking, okay?" Chaeyoung shouts as Ryujin exits the door.

"fuck you, Chaeyoung!"

---

Ryujin's phone rings before she can even enter the coffee shop.

"Hey, boo! Meeting's almost over. Can you pick me up in a bit?" Yuri asks.

Ryujin scratches her head. "Oh. It'll be over soon?"

"Yeah. Are you busy?"

"I'm just finishing up something..." Ryujin enters the coffee shop. "I'll drive there right after this. Just message me where you are at."

"Okay. I'll get something to eat while waiting for you. Maybe we can have dinner here too?"

"Perfect. I'll see you in a bit. Love you."

"Love you too."

Ryujin pockets her phone after her wife hangs up. She looks around the café, searching for a specific person.

"I only have a little time. Please be here,"

She whispers as she checks every table for any signs of a familiar woman.

She scratched her head out of hopelessness and became more irritated when a strand of hair got stuck in her wedding ring.

"Aish." she pulls the hair out, tugging her finger.

That's when something unexpected happens.

Because right after that action, she felt a response.

With wide eyes, Ryujin tries it one more time. Another response came.

She's near!

Ryujin looks around as she keeps tugging her finger. The constant response she's getting makes her heart flutter.

She goes to the second floor and feels the pull getting stronger.

She whips her head left and right until she finds a woman in a dark pantsuit sitting alone at a table beside the window, back facing her.

And just like that, everything else went silent for her.

With her heart beating fast, Ryujin takes slow steps towards the table. She doesn't need to see the woman's face. Even with that back profile, Ryujin's sure it's her. It's her soulmate.

She tugs one last time, making the woman turn to her with a surprised face.

And boy, did Ryujin miss this woman.

Her soulmate's face rearranges into a smile.

It was perfect, Ryujin thinks. Three years of waiting and frustration were erased by the woman's heartwarming smile.

But to her surprise, someone familiar came into view.

"Boo?" Yuri enters the scene. She looks like she just came from the washroom because of the tissue in her hand. "How did you get here so quickly? I just messaged you my location."

Ryujin looks at her wife and her soulmate alternately, confused.

Yuri hooks her arm through Ryujin's. "Oh, by the way, this is my wife, Shin Ryujin. And Ryujin, this is the registered investment advisor I was talking about. Her name is Choi Jisu."